Turbo rebuild kits, where 2 buy

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a hypermax pulse turbo that I want to go through and rebuild before installing on my truck. (Hopefuly when I pull the trans out to replace it, maybe that will free up some needed room for the install.) I found someone local who will rebuild it but I need to get the rebuild kit. I have searched for a little while now and cant seem to turn up anything for the hypermax. Maybe I am overlooking something here. Does anyone have a source I can check out?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Typ4, aka Russ, has a guy down in So cal that he gets his turbo stuff for. Hopefully he will chime in, if not send him a pm. When he quoted me bearings and intake impeller it seemed to be a resonable price.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have talked before about rebuilding mine. He is resonable but the shipping I belive will eat up tha savings. There is a diesel shop in town that will do it for 200-250 labor. :dunno

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a good price for a shop, go to ebay and contact user, turbo'srus and he will hook you up, his name is james.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you mean turbos_r_us The search didnt turn any names under turbo'srus.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Definitely go with someone with a reputation.
We have two turbo shops in the area and neither one of them have a clue.
I got worried when neither knew what some common garret gaskets were and neither carried coupling hose, and my fears were confirmed when talking with the guys at the local speed shop who basically said either shop was great.... if you wanted to have your turbo fly apart :eek:

------Robert

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turbos_r_us emailed me back today. He said that he doesnt know what kind of kit they take. Thats the same thing the rebuild shop said. I know that someone sells kits but who?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Gamud... The type of turbo will be on the lable thats on the side of the turbo. Use an inspection mirror if you can't see it easily but its there somewhere.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gamud... The type of turbo will be on the lable thats on the side of the turbo. Use an inspection mirror if you can't see it easily but its there somewhere.

I actualy have the turbo off the truck. I purchased it a little while back and just wana freshen her up before sticking it on. I assumed that it was a standard deal, like a hypermax pulse rebuild kit. I didnt know that there was as much junk to sypher when looking for a kit:dunno I will check out the info tomorrow and see what I can dig up. Sometimes the most simple things become the hardest when you overlook the obvious. If this doesnt shake something out the bushes I will prob just bite the bullet and send it to Type4. At least then It would be in the hands of someone who knows what the hells going on.-cuss

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hypermax turbos are just Garrett AirResearch turbos. Should be the same rebuild kit that the ATS T04305 turbos use.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Russ will be able to fix whatever needs attention that I know for sure.

I would stand behind that as well, he knows what he is doing. He is a real stand up guy ;Sweet. But like you said maybe shipping will make it not worth it, and I know a rebuild is costly, but in my opinion I wouldnt cut corners on one. Its up to you though.

On another note, you could call up hypermax and ask them what turbo they used to find out.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it has a garrett tag on it, they can get you the right parts at turbos are us.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW now I feal like an idiot. Hypermax turbos not made by hypermax, who would have thunked it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726