turbo pedistal drain to intake gasket no longer avalible

benwill1

94Ecabfaciditrb4x4
Reaction score
The rubber gromet at the back of the intake, where the turbo pedsital drains oil to the intake is no longer avalible from Ford. I have not checked with International. I can't find it from autozone or advance. I plan to cal Fel-Pro tommorrow. Any other ideas???

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Give ATS a call. They supplied the turbos for Ford on these motors. You may be able to get one from Banks also.

benwill1

94Ecabfaciditrb4x4
Reaction score
I have not looked at the 2, but what is so different about it compared to the factory CDR gromet?

the factory cdr is a diff part number...of course they didn't have any in stock, and they come 4 to a pack, I have to buy all 4. I have no way to compare the 2......Help anyone???

I'll call ATS and Banks...great ideas!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
If you have the older style ATS turbos then GOOD NEWS, the grommet Fel Pro supplies in their valley pan gasket kit works PERFECTLY! I have two of them right now.
Im unsure of the factory style waste gated turbos though.

6.9guy

Reaction score
The factory cdr gasket is a little larger. The turbo pedistal drain is slightly smaller than the cdr itself. So the wont interchange. It makes a giant oil mess! As for the wastgated/ non-wastgated differences, I am not shure. My turbo is a wastgated one off a '94. I have seen an older non-wastgated ATS turbo out of the truck and they look the same. I had to order my gasket from a local shop and it ran me about five bucks...

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the good info on the old Non gated turbo grommets. I thought I'd have an awful time if I ever had to have that turbo off for any reason. I wonder if there's any chance of getting that grommet by itself from Fel Pro, probably not. Have you checked with the Fordparts.com about that grommet? Sometimes they do a little better than the local dealer on obsolete stuff.

benwill1

94Ecabfaciditrb4x4
Reaction score
If you have the older style ATS turbos then GOOD NEWS, the grommet Fel Pro supplies in their valley pan gasket kit works PERFECTLY! I have two of them right now.
Im unsure of the factory style waste gated turbos though.

That was the other question..I plan on buying a new fel-pro intake valley pan. I was going to call them to see if it included the grommet. Thanks guys. The previous owner run the truck hot and cracked the passanger side head in 2 places around the intake valve. Used head is on the way. Next question is the turbo bearings are shot. Best prices?? on bearings??

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The factory cdr gasket is a little larger. The turbo pedistal drain is slightly smaller than the cdr itself. So the wont interchange. It makes a giant oil mess!
How giant, and where would the oil be coming down? Do you know this from firsthand experience?

I've had a fairly significant oil leak...really, ever since I did my turbo/head gasket job in '04. It's enough to make quite a mess, but I haven't been losing enough oil to be seriously concerned about it. It's been long enough that I can't remember for sure, but I seem to recall using the CDR gasket that came with my Fel-Pro valley pan...I thought it fit okay, but maybe it's too loose, and maybe that's where my oil's coming from?

I've got a square-box 088 ATS non-gated kit on my truck...

Thanks!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you need bearings for the turbo, best bet is buy a kit from Ron's turbo service on ebay and when it comes, send back yours wheels with the required components from the kit and he'll balance them for free. When it comes back, all you have to do is assemble it and line up the marks ;Sweet Cheap way to a very nice turbo rebuild

benwill1

94Ecabfaciditrb4x4
Reaction score
If you need bearings for the turbo, best bet is buy a kit from Ron's turbo service on ebay and when it comes, send back yours wheels with the required components from the kit and he'll balance them for free. When it comes back, all you have to do is assemble it and line up the marks ;Sweet Cheap way to a very nice turbo rebuild

thanks

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The non gated turbo uses the factory cdr grommet, most of the time. The wastegated turbo uses a specific grommet, ford parts direct could not get them last time I tried, 2 months ago. Some ford dealers may have them in old stock on the shelf. I found 3 in texas and bought them all. Someone needs to find a grommet that works or mod one already in production.
The correct one does not come in any gasket set I have ever found.
my 2 c
Russ

benwill1

94Ecabfaciditrb4x4
Reaction score
The non gated turbo uses the factory cdr grommet, most of the time. The wastegated turbo uses a specific grommet, ford parts direct could not get them last time I tried, 2 months ago. Some ford dealers may have them in old stock on the shelf. I found 3 in texas and bought them all. Someone needs to find a grommet that works or mod one already in production.
The correct one does not come in any gasket set I have ever found.
my 2 c
Russ

The newer factory installed turbo with wastegate, it is smaller than the supplied intake gromment from fel-pro. The older add on non-waste-gated turbo has a bigger drain tube and fits the factory size crd gromment. This is what I have determined from ATS. ATS has a kit for both.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance