Turbo install

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Im looking for threads on the technical side of the turbo install. I am getting a 6.9 for my Bronco from a locacl guy for a steal. I have a HX35W that needs a new cold side and rebuild, but that should be easy to come by. What I want to know is, what do I have to do to add this to the engine. I know I need to set up oil lines and plumb the turbo to the intake.

I am more looking for the technical aspect of it such as, how much boost will the stock pump support? What is the usual size upgrade of turbo with no other "upgrades" on the internal side? How do some guys get away with no IC and others need it?

I am not looking to make some Boss race engine here, I just want to maximize the performance of what I am going to have.

Chris

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Don't know how much this will help but apparently the non wastegated banks sidewinder is a garrett t04 and the wastegated version is mitsubishi te06h. You could do a little digging and figure out the specs on those 2 turbos and use that as a basis for How your turbo will perform.