Truck keeps blowing number 22 fuse under hood

whitestroker

Reaction score
First time it happend it was just warming up and quit in the middle of my way home:mad:. Next day found blown fuse,replaced it and fine. Ive driven about 300 miles since then with no issues. Tonight started truck,it ran for 20 or so min. went on a b double e double r u n an she blew again, so this time Iknew what the hell was up, put another 30 amp fuse in it[my last one] and it must have blew as soon as i turned the key. So 40 amp it was and we made it home;Sweet. The manual says that fuse carries fuel line heater,glow plug cont.,powertrain control system relay coil. Im not real gifted in the electrical department, there is almost always smoke present if im messin with it. So any insight would be great.:D

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since he dont know about electrical stuff i think somebody should tell him where the plug is to unplug it?

on the drivers side of the fuel filter housing you will see 2 plugs.you want to unplug the top one and the fuse wont blow again.and as stated you dont need it anyways.but if you want it to work convert to the 99-03 fuel heater.its supposed to pretty much drop right in with no modifications needed.i think you need to turn the plug a little to pop it through the hole in the housing.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually i think im wrong on where the plug is a little

Attachments

• fuel_heater_001.jpg
    fuel_heater_001.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 17

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could a bad glow plug relay cause this?

no.the hot wires for the hot side of the relay come straight off the starter solenoid.the fuse powers the small hot wire and the pcm grounds the other small post on the relay.

you can completely remove the heater element if you wish.unplug it from the inside and remove the black platic stand pipe.the pipe has LEFT HANDED THREADS ON IT!!!! turn it to the right to remove it and to the left to tighten it!!!once the pipe is out pick the heater up out and put the pipe back in being carefull not to over tighten it and break it.the heater isnt needed unless your in alaska or something.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No rich your right the plug is about halfway up the driver side of the fuel bowl

thanx.;Sweet;Sweet its been a long time since ive actually seen one in person as my PSD has beans electric fuel system and beans stealth dual HPOP so my filter has been gone a long time.and i dont have another truck here to look at to make sure i gave the correct location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online