blinker fuse keeps blowing

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But now you have no turnsignals correct?
well the fuse is continuing to blow even after that wire is deleted but even with the wire cut the hazards worked? not sure what wire i identified as "blue"

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously you can't read the electrical diagram above. If you need help with it, just say so. You can see the hazards are fed by a different fuse and are on the right side of the diagram.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my running lights. It would blow the fuse every time I powered the head lights or parking lights. I checked everything and I found a LIGHT PLUB was shorted. This blew the fuse. I spent two weeks looking for shorts, rubbed raw wiring, or anything else that would blow a fuse. Check every bulb for shorts!

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously you can't read the electrical diagram above. If you need help with it, just say so. You can see the hazards are fed by a different fuse and are on the right side of the diagram.
yea wiring diagrams do confuse me, that's why I'm hear not just reading my chilton digrams

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my running lights. It would blow the fuse every time I powered the head lights or parking lights. I checked everything and I found a LIGHT PLUB was shorted. This blew the fuse. I spent two weeks looking for shorts, rubbed raw wiring, or anything else that would blow a fuse. Check every bulb for shorts!
how do i see if a bulb is causing a short? just corrosion?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your hazards use the same wires and the same bulb filaments as the turnsignals. So theoretically the hazard fuse would have blown if there is a problem with the wiring going out to the lights and the bulbs.

If you had cut the correct blue wire, your turnsignals should have stopped working. When you press the brake they would have both lit up in the rear, and then moving the turn lever left or right would have made one of the rear lights go dark with the blue wire cut. And the front turns would have done nothing.

If you did cut the correct blue wire and it still blew the fuse, I would investigate the reverse wiring some more.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your hazards use the same wires and the same bulb filaments as the turnsignals. So theoretically the hazard fuse would have blown if there is a problem with the wiring going out to the lights and the bulbs.

If you had cut the correct blue wire, your turnsignals should have stopped working. When you press the brake they would have both lit up in the rear, and then moving the turn lever left or right would have made one of the rear lights go dark with the blue wire cut. And the front turns would have done nothing.

If you did cut the correct blue wire and it still blew the fuse, I would investigate the reverse wiring some more.
oh that makes alot more sense, also i have no clue what the blue wire i found was it wasn't a turn signal wire
will do on the reverse light wiring i can confidently say trans back is ok but unsure about the in-cab portion

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The light bulb died and caused a short between the + and - of the light. This caused the fuse to blow. This is the first time I have seen this and I am an old guy.

Last edited:

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears the output for fuse#5 is actually purple and orange

Attachments

• 7FEDE570-5B7B-4C12-BDF9-DDF64DA454F0.jpeg
    7FEDE570-5B7B-4C12-BDF9-DDF64DA454F0.jpeg
    356.6 KB · Views: 6

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is correct. That is what the diagram shows. Once it goes through the flasher, it then turns to a blue wire. The flasher is mounted to the fuse box correct?

You must be registered for see images attach

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is correct. That is what the diagram shows. Once it goes through the flasher, it then turns to a blue wire. The flasher is mounted to the fuse box correct?

Yes it is, I’m going full nuclear and just removing the dash
And that digram shows a bronco I know the wiring changes color over the years of the bullnose

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I picked the wrong diagram. You can see it's the same in the front, just the rear wiring is a little different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88