blinker fuse keeps blowing

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I picked the wrong diagram. You can see it's the same in the front, just the rear wiring is a little different.

You must be registered for see images attach
Oh I know that would explain my confusion

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ran thought he entire dash+ fuse block wiring harness and I found nothing
Is it possible for the reverse light switch to cause a short?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can unplug it and find out if the fuse blows. You would think though, that it would have a tendency to blow the fuse when the shift lever was put in reverse. But there is a hot wire leading to the reverse switch that could cause a problem at any time the key is on. Same fuse as the turn signal fuse.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can unplug it and find out if the fuse blows. You would think though, that it would have a tendency to blow the fuse when the shift lever was put in reverse. But there is a hot wire leading to the reverse switch that could cause a problem at any time the key is on. Same fuse as the turn signal fuse.
I’m just are going though the time line of when it went really bad and it was a week or 2 after my manual swap which is around the same time I plugged the reverse switch in so hopefully it’s it or a new lead none the less

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AHA unplugged the reverse wiring to the trans and I made it to town and back with no blown fuses!

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Franklin2 hit the nail on the head back in post#14.
when he noticed the reverse wiring uses the same Fuse.

The factory reverse lights are pretty dismal for back up lights to see anything.
Maybe it`s so anyone walking around behind you, it notifies them of your intentions.

The 86`s only shine to the rear, swapped in a set off a 90 (I think) I got from PNP. The reverse lense curves around to also shine to the sides.
At Hot August Nights in Reno, I picked up a set of LED`s. WOW! lights up the whole yard.
Out here in the Nevada Boonies at night, it`s darker than the inside of a black Cat.

Goat

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory reverse lights are pretty dismal for back up lights to see anything.
Maybe it`s so anyone walking around behind you, it notifies them of your intentions.
Don't you hate it when someone puts their car in reverse in the parking lot, and then sits there forever with their foot on the brake playing on their phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.