Truck gun?

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is not so much for personal defense as it is for unwanted dogs and varmints around the house. when I first got my liscense I got pinned in my truck by a pit and a rot that liked to hang around the area. previous to this I had seen them chasing cattle and horses and everytime I saw them I would go for the gun but they were smart and would be gone before I got back outside with it. That is also the reason all of my guns stay loaded with the safety on, normally dont keep one in the chamber unless Im expecting something but an unloaded gun does you zero good when its needed right then.

My friend Jerry Yates was killed by two pit bulls on his own property last year. Stray pits don't do well around me. It seems like every mullet-headed crankster has one.
An automatic without "one in the pipe" is a hammer.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
What kinda neighborhood you been hanging out in ?

Unless you are a cop or a drug dealer - being in a firefight
in a civilian setting is absurd ....

Carrying a weapon in your truck is an invitation to disaster

I travel the lower 48 states every day driving

Never had a need for a gun ......;Really

Jim

He is a tow truck driver, and I am willing to bet that he repos cars too.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
He's also a LEO.

The world is falling apart. My small town has been a safe little utopia for years, until last year, when a worthless drug addict kid shot and killed a Sheriff's deputy and went on the run. The whole town was terrified at night because they didn't know when he'd come into town looking for supplies. There were over 400 law enforcement officers from all over the country pouring into town to find the kid. They finally caught him one night breaking into somebody's house to steal food and supplies. If a police officer hadn't seen him, everybody in that house would be dead.

That's why I'm looking for a good sidearm to carry now that I have my CCW.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I am amazed at how many of you carry a rifle or shotgun. I carried a mossburg 500 for many years till i found myself surrounded be idiots. I couldnt swing left to right without the steering wheel gettin in the way. Went to a handgun after that.

I dont carry the rifle for protection, more for stuff I plan on eating.

Black dawg

Reaction score
A shotgun to scare off an aggressor?

I tried that once.

The two illegal dirtbags just laughed. Apparently they had experienced far worse in Mexico.

In my area, a shotgun is perceived as slightly more menacing than a squirtgun. They don't think you're serious, they think you're Elmer Fudd.

Handguns are only slightly better at discouraging them, but don't really scare the career criminals, who are also armed.

I've found a chopped AR-15 pistol, with 30 rnd mag, laser and light, impresses the **** that I am quite serious about changing their immediate behavior. Easy to handle in a full size van.

I gaurantee that if said shotgun is loaded correctly they have plenty of reason to be afraid.

Also if they know that you are going to shoot them how could they not be scared?

I have only had to point a gun at somebody once, but there was no question in his mind or mine that he would be getting shot if he didnt put his gun away.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
I dont carry the rifle for protection, more for stuff I plan on eating.

Same here Black dawg! I had the opportunity to kill a deer just entering into my farm's drive way. Saw it with enough time to jump out of the truck with 586 on hand, aim and drop it.

Its last meal was on my vegetables. Can I called it stuffed venison?

Burt. This redneck supports Herman Cain!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger