Truck gun?

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Hell, even coming out of my RedHawk (6 1/2") they do wonders.

Yep, they will. Just a little more oomph from a 16" barrel though.
Mine is a Winchester 94 angle eject, but Id like to get a Marlin in .44. From what I've read they will handle the heavier loads that are on the market and 94 won't.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am amazed at how many of you carry a rifle or shotgun. I carried a mossburg 500 for many years till i found myself surrounded be idiots. I couldnt swing left to right without the steering wheel gettin in the way. Went to a handgun after that.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am amazed at how many of you carry a rifle or shotgun. I carried a mossburg 500 for many years till i found myself surrounded be idiots. I couldnt swing left to right without the steering wheel gettin in the way. Went to a handgun after that.
i've learned a long time ago, you need high powered handguns when fighting from a vehicle. therefore my infatuation with cut-down rifles.:D
downside is the noise and flame. there's hearing protection within reach for all passengers.;Sweetas far a flash protection goes......there aren't many who don't know how to "duck".

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
A shotgun to scare off an aggressor?

I tried that once.

The two illegal dirtbags just laughed. Apparently they had experienced far worse in Mexico.

In my area, a shotgun is perceived as slightly more menacing than a squirtgun. They don't think you're serious, they think you're Elmer Fudd.

Handguns are only slightly better at discouraging them, but don't really scare the career criminals, who are also armed.

I've found a chopped AR-15 pistol, with 30 rnd mag, laser and light, impresses the **** that I am quite serious about changing their immediate behavior. Easy to handle in a full size van.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
mine is not so much for personal defense as it is for unwanted dogs and varmints around the house. when I first got my liscense I got pinned in my truck by a pit and a rot that liked to hang around the area. previous to this I had seen them chasing cattle and horses and everytime I saw them I would go for the gun but they were smart and would be gone before I got back outside with it. That is also the reason all of my guns stay loaded with the safety on, normally dont keep one in the chamber unless Im expecting something but an unloaded gun does you zero good when its needed right then.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Unless a Sienna has a rear diff lock, I don't think so. Looks like a Tacoma. My '92 pickup has the same panel.

Got a link?
Found it. http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/

PZ

Oh, it's definitely not a Sienna, never said it was, just that it looks like one. The main difference being that my Sienna lacks the transmission channel in the floor. It's all flat across. But what you can see of the dash/instrument cluster/radio area is almost identical, with some minor differences(like the parking brake release).

My Sienna is a 99.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey buddy just offeren to sell me his .45 judge whats you alls take on these guns wants like 400

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey buddy just offeren to sell me his .45 judge whats you alls take on these guns wants like 400
if you do some shopping around you can find new for the same price.
I'm paying anywhere in the range of 150-300 for revolvers depending on caliber and condition.

GreenDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The Judge is definitely cool but not very practical, outside of shooting snakes on the ranch. They are finniky about the .410 shells that they like and the pattern is what you might expect from a handheld shotgun. They are impressively large, and would be next to impossible to conceal

Like towcat said, the price is a lil high, see if he will take 300 if you decide you need it.

Might fit nicely under the seat:backoff

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
i've learned a long time ago, you need high powered handguns when fighting from a vehicle. therefore my infatuation with cut-down rifles.:D
downside is the noise and flame. there's hearing protection within reach for all passengers.;Sweetas far a flash protection goes......there aren't many who don't know how to "duck".

What kinda neighborhood you been hanging out in ?

Unless you are a cop or a drug dealer - being in a firefight
in a civilian setting is absurd ....

Carrying a weapon in your truck is an invitation to disaster

I travel the lower 48 states every day driving

Never had a need for a gun ......;Really

Jim

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score

I always carry in my van my old 586. It's like you described it: a "high powered handgun". A 158 grains hollow point leaves the 6" barrel at 1,400 fps. That's more than enough to go through a car or pick-up door like butter. My S & W 586 has grips with laser, which makes it very easy to use with excellent accuracy.

Burt. This redneck supports Herman Cain!

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
What kinda neighborhood you been hanging out in ?

Unless you are a cop or a drug dealer - being in a firefight
in a civilian setting is absurd ....

Carrying a weapon in your truck is an invitation to disaster

I travel the lower 48 states every day driving

Never had a need for a gun ......;Really

Jim

My grandpa used to say to me: "Is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it".

Burt. This redneck supports Herman Cain!