Truck gun?

GreenDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone keep a gun in their rigs?

Interested in hearing from fellow singlecab drivers or those who live in remote areas, where nobody travels without firepower.

I have my mossberg behind the seat now, but it kinda slides around, gets scraped up, and I have to get out, and fold the seat forward to access it..:rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images attach

I'd rather not leave it in plain sight and open myself up to theft. So what options do I have, under the seat maybe?

Ideas anyone? I was thinking about one of those visor shelf things that JCWhitney sells.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
visor shelf would be easily accessible. just dont hit a huge bump :rotflmao, velcro strap it there

or just get concealed handgun on your side :dunno

berniesouthunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the racks that mount to the inside roof. Out of site to most and very easy access for times when needed.

GreenDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CHL is currently expired, was carrying my Glock19

I do like the idea of a rifle or shotgun that stays in the truck. Also with a CHL there is "zero tolerance" when it comes to alcohol. So I cant take my pistol if I want to have a couple beers at my friends place. There are no such restrictions for the possession of a rifle/shotgun, so less worries. ;Sweet

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a 150 dollar 20 gauge behind the seat breach load single shot as simple and easy as it gets. also if its stolen id report it but not care much about the cost or if its damaged etc.
but when im 21 im getting my handgun carry permit then ill also have a 9 mil or a 45 revolver whichever i choose at the time. also i keep shells in the console for when needed.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this the other day and figured some wood pieces cut just like a gun rack and screwed through the window trim holes would work out nicely mine is a winchester model 94 30-30 so it would just slide right up through the crack between the seat and window. dont know if that shotgun would fit through that little gap.

GreenDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this the other day and figured some wood pieces cut just like a gun rack and screwed through the window trim holes would work out nicely mine is a winchester model 94 30-30 so it would just slide right up through the crack between the seat and window. dont know if that shotgun would fit through that little gap.

I was thinking about attaching something to the back of the seat to hold it. Prob is like you mentioned, I need to move the seat forward a bit to get the thing out easily, and i kinda like the seat where is is.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
While a scatter gun is nice, not to effective in a reg cab truck. i would perfer a side arm, either under the seat or on myself.

i cant tell by the pics of ur shotgun but is that a 500 persuader?

GreenDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While a scatter gun is nice, not to effective in a reg cab truck. i would perfer a side arm, either under the seat or on myself.

i cant tell by the pics of ur shotgun but is that a 500 persuader?

Yes its a 500, I think it says 500A on the receiver, It came factory with the heatshield, and an Ar-15 style collapsing stock, that I removed, leaving the pistol grip. I added the shell carrier.

I agree a sidearm is a better choice for easily accessible defense.

Good input and responses from all :thumbsup:

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i have the 500 persuader "home defense" model as i call it. i have the same side saddle, muzzle heat shield and an elastic shell older on the stock. love the gun. for my extra shells i rotate two 00 buck, one slug :-D still want a surefire pump...

Attachments

• 100_2402.jpg
    100_2402.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 31

GreenDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aha! I alternate the slugs and 00 Buck in the tube mag. I think the first is buckshot, than a slug etc.

In the sidesaddle is Winchester mil-spec 00 Buck. I like it for its "tactical" OD green casing lol

EDIT: Nice lookin boomstick! I bet the full stock makes shooting it a little more enjoyable hehe

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
just a little :-D i dont leave mine loaded as it sits in my room and my luck id knock it over and it'd go off. but i do practice loading and i can do it really quick in the dark w/o my glasses. good minds think alike!

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ATP-8. They make plastic boxes to go behind the seat, but i would like one made of metal with a lock, and doors opening from both ends and a tray on top for loose crap. Don't know if anyone makes one. Probably wont fit me, I'm not small. I usually have seats all the way back and a roof shelf would block my view.
You may not care if your stuff gets stolen, but part of responsible gun ownership is making sure some ****** doesn't get weapons easily. At least put a bike lock on it!~

Squeaky_Wheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be out to lunch with this thought but if you have a bench seat will it fit under the front seat? If it will you may think about some type of velcro strap that is connected (glued?) to the transmisson tunnel and strap it down just out of sight. The velcro straps I am thinking of are the types used to secure the hose clamps found on high volume trash pumps and the like. http://www.hose.com/tanktruck/velcro_straps.htm