Truck bed camper thoughts.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the tie down set up that comes with camper. Comments?
You must be registered for see images attach

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Underneath camper where tie downs connect.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone will come by shortly and slap your *** *** for posting the CL link.

I spent a year homeless living in a standard chevy van. It sucked.
A pickup and camper would have been a lot nicer.
Sorry to hear of your situation. I suggest you keep your truck and go with a slide in camper.
The one you show looks like it would serve you well and your truck should pack it without much trouble.

Not entirely sure on that. But it is posted in the rules.
I guess you can copy some of the info and pics and post that up?

In this case, since he is showing something he is wanting to buy, it’s fine. If he were trying to share it, in a “here’s something I saw on cl, fb, eBay, etc” there is a thread for that.

Some things are a bit different than years ago, but some things are the same. Were still a laidback group, but we try and keep things civil and clean. The refinery is still around...... I know it’s been a long time since you’re posted rubberfish....... most of the members you know aren’t very active anymore.....

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this case, since he is showing something he is wanting to buy, it’s fine. If he were trying to share it, in a “here’s something I saw on cl, fb, eBay, etc” there is a thread for that.

Some things are a bit different than years ago, but some things are the same. Were still a laidback group, but we try and keep things civil and clean. The refinery is still around...... I know it’s been a long time since you’re posted rubberfish....... most of the members you know aren’t very active anymore.....
Is there a page on OB just for bed camper people? That would be kind of cool.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
No. In the towing and hauling is about the closest thing, where this already is. I can make a suggestion, and see what happens.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be cautious of anything that's been "re-worked". If you can find an old Avion, they're cool. Timeless design, maintenance free exterior, less likely to leak, and here's a big one the resell value is awesome! These things hold their value were most others devalue terribly. Wish I had one! Lance is another time tested company that produced high quality slide-in's. My old hunting camper (1967) is set-up pretty nice for roughing it off grid. No generator, gas light & DC LED lights. DC Flat screen TV with built in DVD player, plus I have a digital TV antenna mounted on back. Very often I'll pick-up 20 plus channels and they're either crystal clear or you don't get them. Gas frig, hot water heater, and furnace.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes im still looking for options, if i could get some type of cash flow i would opt for a newer model.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple of pop-top campers. They are easy to haul upwind, but the mechanism is a potential source of trouble, the canvas is another, and they aren't really so nice to stay in. Also, they don't keep heat in well, so they're not great for cool weather.

If you're going to be primarily driving long distances on the highway and the camping is secondary, a pop-top makes sense. Otherwise, I'd suggest against it.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a question the person selling this camper carried it on a 96 chevy 8ft bed. Those eye bolts you see in the pics above go thru the cap holes in the bed up front. Then are some way attached with turnbuckles from there. Anyone know if cap mounts on a 93 ford and 96 chevy match up?. I don't want to cut holes that will kind of kill the deal for me.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't a huge problem to drill holes and shift those eyebolts. I've done that on one of my pop-top campers. There might be a question on whether you like where the eyebolt ends up ... when I did it, the new position wasn't as good as the old for the interior, but it worked much better on the outside for securing the camper. Using a grinder to shorten the bolt and putting an acorn nut on it helped with that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7