Tore into truck today

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I finally got some time to start taking my truck apart for some much needed R&R. So far I've planned on new injectors, moose pump( Mel check your PM), glow plugs, ATS turbo upgrades, 5" exhaust pipe, exhaust brake, intercooler, aluminum radiator (RLDSL check your PM), thermostat, water pump, electric fuel pump, coolant filter, and oil cooler o-rings. If anyone thinks for something else that might need replaced I'd appricate it. I have a few pictures and will continue to take more untill it's done.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    254.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to take some more pics after taking the ip come off but it got dark too fast. I've been having problems with trying to get the turbo off. I can't get the bolts that hold it to the up pipe to break loose-cuss ;Pissed . I guess I will keep spraying it with the penetrating oil untill it comes off.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
if you have a bernzomatic bottle propane torch, heat them little buggers up. They'll come off then!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Try some Map gas instead of propane. It burns hotter. OldMrBill taught me that one. Sure enough it works way better.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be real interested to see how your numbers are after all those mods! Keep in mind the intercooler will bring your boost down a pound or two, but the boost that remains will be much more dense, so there is still more air for fuel to burn.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally ended up getting 2 of the turbo bolts to come out today. I ended up using a torch to heat them up and the front 2 came out, I got tired of messing with the turbo so I moved on to other things. Here are a few pictures to show the progress.

Attachments

• 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 24

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my high tech work stand and work bench:rotflmao :rotflmao cookoo

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 10

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get those injectors capped off if your planning on re-using them. If you don't have the proper caps, a ****** will work. LOL

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update!!

I finally managed to get the -cuss -cuss turbo off. All I have to do now is clean the real purdy engine up some:rotflmao , take the injectors and glow plugs out, and then wait for parts to put it back together. Mel the stupid DHL computer system messed up and they still haven't picked up the pump yet-cuss ;Pissed ;Pissed :bs , so I will let you know when or if they ever pick it up.

Attachments

• 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 15

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek: When you say pump are you referrring to an IP?:eek: I am having flashbacks already. At least you didn't say FeDex.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep it's the ip. I heard about all the troubles you had trying to get your pump. I hope that it doesn't happen to me or I will be;Pissed ;Pissed ;Pissed ;Pissed .

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you don't have to go through that either.

By the way, I am really enjoying your mini restoration/maintenance thing you've got going on here. Keep the updates flowing.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DH Hell
What can brown ruin for you?
Federalles Express. When it absolutely, positively, has to be there. Somewhere.

They are all pretty bad. :rolleyes:

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DH Hell
What can brown ruin for you?
Federalles Express. When it absolutely, positively, has to be there. Somewhere.

They are all pretty bad. :rolleyes:

:rotflmao :rotflmao Mel that's funny but true:rotflmao :rotflmao

I didn't get to work on the truck today, but I did get the oil cooler pulled apart after alot of prying and pulling. I looked into the end of the cooler to find that 10 of the 27 passages were blocked with what looked like pieces of block and old gaskets, hopefully the coolant filter will prevent this in the future. Here is a picture of the oil cooler.

Attachments

• 25.JPG
    25.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 4

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the leaky oil cooler o-ring that's been cut into and pulled straight to show all the cracks. Gee I wonder why it leaked?LOL

Attachments

• 26.JPG
    26.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online