Thread to ask questions for my repower??

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spent most of the day clearing snow!:mad: I did get my fuel heater hooked up just need to get my hard line up close to the inlet for the heater. Here is a few pics of the setup.
You must be registered for see images attach

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made it my self. I tried to sell some but that didn't seem to amount to any thing. I can make 5-6" long ones fairly easy but mine is longer 8" or so. Mine on my 4bt would keep the fuel at 150-160. The 4bt did not seem to like the oil like the idi"s do.

Last edited:

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys I bought another IP yesterday that had the vacuum sensor thing that shifts the c6. My question is since I have hydroboost for my brakes I have no need for the vacuum except for the shift sensor. Should I run a nipple off the hose off the vacuum pump and go down to what ever size it is on the sensor? Next which port is the one that needs to go to the tranny and pump?

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your fuel heater looks nice, but i dont think it is going to flow like that. youd be better off running it inline with the heater core for flow.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will go out and check on this. It is snowing sleeting and just nasty. 3-5" snow is what we suppose to get today. I have got 5 logs going in the fire and its about 80 in my shop but when I get on the floor its still cold. Did I mention high this week is suppose to be 33 and I am in north east Texas. **** on cold weather!

Man I just realized, we are only about 60 miles apart.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea we are not to far away from each other! I have found out this part is called a vrv. I cant see a article that shows if it is installed correctly and how to hook up what ports. It looks like I am missing a rubber boot that slides over the vrv and hooks up to the rubber lines. I need a manual over these Ips on the 6.9 and 7.3s.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Man if i had known i had a spare IP off my 6.9 with the c6. was a fresh rebuild from RPM diesel. The 7.3 i stuffed in was a 5 speed truck and the pump was fairly new too so i swapped that all in.

Have you thought about deleting the vacuum pump and running an electric vacuum pump? I've snagged a few off some PSD trucks.

You can slide vacuum hose right over the nipples on the VRV. Otherwise i have one if you need it. PLus a good C6 transfer case and all the hardware.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but which hose goes to the transmission and which to the vacuum pump? That might be a idea on the electric pump to get rid of clutter on my engine.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you sir thats what I needed to know. I cant use the factory steel line without bending it over to the drivers side with all the turbo stuff in the way. I will work on that today and a few other things. I will show the process this afternoon!;Sweet

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
hey did you see which line goes to the tranny? the nub goes towards the top of the pump, so the highest nipple goes to the pump and the lower nipple goes to the tranny?
I just saw your email, i never check it on my iphone.