this pos sob is one step away form the scrap yard urg

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had this truck for 3 years was motors cause a gp broke off in the head i have checked the fss has power its geting fuel and is geting air it should fire up right even when i spray starter fuild it just cranks

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
trade me ur truck and we go a deal

Lets do it, I'll want to keep the 85 clip and bed off my truck though.

I'm sure your truck can't be screwed up that bad......Can it? :rotflmao

But really man, there can't be that much wrong with it, if you are getting fuel and getting heat (glow plugs) it should light.

How fast is the truck cranking over?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first 7.3 lost a cylinder and would crank and crank but wouldn't even hit on ether. White smoked as well. The back one on the drivers side rusted out in the bore. Never dug in to see why, just swapped the motor out.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i got this motor form oreo creaming form fte its a 87 with about 90k on the clock but it sat for at least 5 years i think even with low miles the rings may be shot

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I'm sure your truck can't be screwed up that bad......Can it? :rotflmao

well gee, I dunno, he HAS had it for 3 years.
Joe, do you have a working block heater? You can easily rule out glowplugs with the block heater plugged in.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i do not belive so and check out my post on fte over the three yeas i have had his truck

ih8minimumwage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it cranking the normal speed that always got it to start? Did the GPs in this engine ever work, or have you been starting it without them this whole time? Also check if there's a block heater element in the block (even without the cord).

I know how stress can make the brain jump to the worst case scenario like rings, but need to rule out all other possibilities...

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried having someone drag you down the road to try and pull start it? Maybe just having the engine turn over for a decent amount (longer than with the starter) of time will get it to fire and run and then you can diagnose from there. I've had several tractors that wouldn't fire off no matter what ya did, but once getting dragged around a bit they would fire off and run like top.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a option as the trucks not inshured at this time

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Then why does it matter if it's running if your not going to use it. Park it, save up some money to put into it later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle