this pos sob is one step away form the scrap yard urg

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Throw it in 4wd low range first gear and have someone pull. That means you won't have to be going as fast to get it to turn over fast (much faster than with the starter).

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You have access to a hair dryer? If so take off your aircleaner, and point it down the intake for 15 minutes. Should help heat up the intake manifold and incoming air enough to help start it.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well when out and tryed it agin did a little better but im thing its on of 3 parts ip injector or rings urg gona do some more testing
i try the hair dyer i just have to do that whne gf is away lol

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I don't get it. you said the glow plugs don't work. You are having trouble starting the truck.
so you think it is the rings, ip, etc? on what basis?

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so far from what I've read, batteries are either out or are pretty much out, your glowplugs you claim are shot, you have smoke (indicating fuel into cylinder) but you seem to just be jumping around. Start with what you know is wrong, batteries..... replace them, then cranking speed, then glowplugs. I don't see where you have any evidence your ip took a dump. Could it be? Maybe, but all troubleshooting starts with what you know is wrong that is contributing to your no start, fixing that, then moving on. You mentioned ether, did it huff at all? If its cranking too slow, I don't know that even with it the motor would catch. Start with the basics, post results, go from there. I realize this has been said, but please try to make your posts legible, its very difficult for us to help if we struggle to reae what you have posted.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so far from what I've read, batteries are either out or are pretty much out, your glowplugs you claim are shot, you have smoke (indicating fuel into cylinder) but you seem to just be jumping around. Start with what you know is wrong, batteries..... replace them, then cranking speed, then glowplugs. I don't see where you have any evidence your ip took a dump. Could it be? Maybe, but all troubleshooting starts with what you know is wrong that is contributing to your no start, fixing that, then moving on. You mentioned ether, did it huff at all? If its cranking too slow, I don't know that even with it the motor would catch. Start with the basics, post results, go from there. I realize this has been said, but please try to make your posts legible, its very difficult for us to help if we struggle to reae what you have posted.

batterys where dead chagerd them back up it cranks nice a fast gps are all dead and not even hooked up checked the fss has power and clicks re blead the fuel system no change go go see about geting the comp tested

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

*read :rotflmao

sorry but i had to. But i completely agree with what is said above.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get it. you said the glow plugs don't work. You are having trouble starting the truck.
so you think it is the rings, ip, etc? on what basis?

because a mottor need three things to run right air fuel and combstion i know it geting are and fuel so that leads me to combstion

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
diesels also need HEAT there is no spark to ignite the compressed gasses. I'm sure someone will chime in about the temp required for it to actually ignite. Try plugging the truck in for an hour or two and trying again.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont have a block heater and i have try starter fuild dosnt make a diffrence eith may it just spines