this pos sob is one step away form the scrap yard urg

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok charged my battery up as they went deid when i went up to see my brother for two weeks who has thyriod cancer. so i got back jumped the truck stared. just fine was pouring oil so i was like *** . so next i went to start it no oil leak so i took the turbo off to seal up the boost leak i hope and check of the oil leak. batterys died agin so after chager them up i wentt to start it and nothing just cranked i have to use started fluid cause the gps are all dead motor came that way form oreo. and dont have the cash for new gps but i checked the basics has power to the fss and the epump is just pumping aling

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you want to scrap it just cause it needs a little work???????????? ***

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im mad at it right know cause i can figer out y it wont start

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if you got **** batteries that is the most likely place to start.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope dint start on starter fuild just spun . rust i have two 1000 cca batterys form oreilys. i checked the fss and the fuel flitter head

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have scrapped MANY trucks if I gave up this easily..........

lol them u know nothing of what i have been thew with my truck yea i beleave it geting fuel at the injectors i have to check for shure tomaro i thought it at least fire off starter fuild for a couple of seconds them die but i got nothing

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to relax a bit and calm down. if you get this mad at it that only makes the problems worse. trust me i know. i've been fighting stuff with my dads crew cab for the last year and a half. it had been sitting a while and theres been 3 trucks put together of unkown sittings with them all. you just have to relax. if you don't know if you are getting fuel to the injectors but think you are, you need to crack the lines and see.

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are getting white smoke out of the exhaust, you are most likely getting fuel to the injectors.

I understand your frustration. My truck has been a real PITA to start in the morning since I replaced the fuel filter a few days ago. I don't get why. It always started first crank no matter the temperature. It will start as soon as I hit the key later in the day, even 6 hours of sitting and it will pop right off but over night, no. I don't have any leaks to speak of, so I am stumped.

You'll get it figured out. Maybe it is just a bad case of leak back. Get those batteries nice and charged up and see how she goes.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Send that truck to Indiana!

I will un-****** it and turn it back into the 1985 crew cab it should be!! :sly

Last edited:

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Charge up those ******** and then see where the fuel stops coming! Start at the schrader valve and move from there! Check the injectors and see if fuel is there. If you start getting it there, bleed them and then fire it up.

How much fuel is in the tank? Shower heads might be busted and you are getting air.

Either way, it sounds like stubborn air intrusion.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send that truck to Indiana!

I will un-****** it and turn it back into the 1985 crew cab it should be!! :sly

trade me ur truck and we go a deal there is white some smoke coming out of the exought so i know it geting fuel it just never done this to me i think the 87 motor i swaped in maybe junk

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
trade me ur truck and we go a deal

yeah, go ahead and trade trucks.... You'll be back here in 4 months with the same problems unless you learn how to fix them.

If you do not have a fuel leak, fix the glow plugs. If you do not have the money to fix the glow plugs, sell the truck and buy a mid 80's F150. Use the extra money to hire someone to keep the truck in service.
Sorry.... diesel truck parts are expensive. The end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker