Thinking It's Time...Fair Price?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
He wants to know the value in the NE, California/PNW/SW/S trucks should have no bearing on his price.

Post some pictures of it, that will allow us to get a good value on it.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
owned for 26 years,put 200k on it and never worked it a day in it's life.that's kinda sad it went unused lol.
take anything reasonable.she doesn't owe ya anything.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will do, tomorrow!
when you take pics, be honest and take pics of the undercarriage. that will determine the scope of your potential customer. most automatically won't deal with a east coast/rustbelt truck due to undercarriage corrosion issues. if yours has minimal corosion, it will add genuine value to your truck. a one owner truck doesn't mean **** in most people's book.
you've been down this road more than once, the closer to reality you get, the better the odds are you will get something for the truck.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're getting your Ford autos mixed up, the C6 is the good one.

The E40D is not as bad as people imagine, the problem isn't the trans it's the truck. The E40D needs more cooling than the C6, but Ford didn't see fit to provide it, because they're Ford and that's how they do business.

A Tru-cool cross-flow cooler is under two hundred bucks.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed out on a 93 CC 7.3 went for $2500 down here, running condition A/C blowing cold Dang I let it slip by! cookoo

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I got the right one. Try driving the GS Parkway with the C6. I'm getting the finger from Granny cause I'm going too slow. 70 minimum. I can't stand driving while the motor is screaming. And the mileage is horrible.

turbodidi

Reaction score
Yeah, more details and pics would definitely help...most seem to be looking for a manual tranny and a turbo, but the saying in my business is "there is an ass for every seat". Ask for a higher price than you really want/need and negotiate down from there. Good luck!

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
No, I got the right one. Try driving the GS Parkway with the C6. I'm getting the finger from Granny cause I'm going too slow. 70 minimum. I can't stand driving while the motor is screaming. And the mileage is horrible.

Then you have some crazy low rear gears. 70 is my cruising speed, my '84 purred at that speed and got a reliable 15mpg.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
round our parts ive seen for really clean trucks going for 4000 in stock form. but that will last a while. as for the 4x4 that will be 3-4k in winter. but with spring coming prices are dropping i see 1500 for clean trucks all day long mid summer. so its a toss up your selling at a bad time as everyone knows prices will drop in summer. also you dont have any rare options. its not solid axle, nor 4 door. its an ugly ex cab with an extra window ( most people dont like that years windows) so long story short, theres better out there for 2-5k for most people. also consider the market is for a work truck something someone will abuse. one reason i will never sell my truck i could not see someone abuse it. either way when you decide on a price let me know i may be interested in it i need something to work on once the beast hits its happy stage where im out of mods.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
round our parts ive seen for really clean trucks going for 4000 in stock form. but that will last a while. as for the 4x4 that will be 3-4k in winter. but with spring coming prices are dropping i see 1500 for clean trucks all day long mid summer.

My truck is "clean" in the body... and it ran like a peach when I bought it for $1500. I'm probably $4.5k into it now, granted that includes a lift and tires and a rebuilt turbocharger. The old one might be restorable if I get it hot tanked. Can't get the ******* apart.

A $1500 4x4 is going to need a bunch of work, I know :D

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
In my area (which I felt I got a great deal) I bought a 88 f250 eclb 7.3 4x4 zf5 3.55's lariet. So power everything, captains chairs, for 8 or 950.
Had a little rust here and there.
And the bed was a different color but good condition.
So in these parts, I could see $3-5k for yours.
Though I got my psd for real cheap also. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my area (which I felt I got a great deal) I bought a 88 f250 eclb 7.3 4x4 zf5 3.55's lariet. So power everything, captains chairs, for 8 or 950.
Had a little rust here and there.
And the bed was a different color but good condition.
So in these parts, I could see $3-5k for yours.
Though I got my psd for real cheap also. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, I wish my parts was like that. In my area there isn't much of a tradition of diesels but plenty of big block gassers. Plenty of new diesels but not older. When I settled on the IDI, because I precievably work on it myself without all the computers this is the only one I could find within 200 miles. Hell, most people around here think all Ford diesels are Powerstroke. And...I sit firmly in Chevy country...yuck. lol

1994 Ford F250 Superduty, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.