Think my turbo may be going, anyone got an hx35?

6.9power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can hear the compressor wheel hitting the housing when the engine is running. It doesnt have any shaft play, but it definately rubs the housing. I can also tell something is not right because it does not whistle near as much. Anyway I want to potentially try this hx35 things, so anyone have one that they would be willing to work out a trade with?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you sure it's hitting the housing? Your best bet on getting an HX is to hit the junkyards or maybe ebay and see what you can do. It sounds like a good project but definitely not easy. Make sure you get the HX that at least bolts to your pedestal assy. I think that was the HX40 for a T4 or T3(like all of the wastegated turbos) used the T3 and the non gated IDI kits used the T4. Make sure to check into that before youtrust anything I said, I'm not a turbo expert.

6.9power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wastegated. And what one is it that mounts to my pedestal? Its not that big of a deal if it does or not I guess, I know someone who can fab me one for not a lot of money. And I know it is because I can hear it squeeking while its rubbing it. And I took the air intake off and looked, and it is def hitting.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
You have the T3 flange then,

If you get a HX turbo or whatever, is your turbo got the 3 inch downpipe and slip fit outlet housing i would be very interested in that!

6.9power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the hx35 use a t3 flange? And no I dont have the slip fit downpipe setup. It is a factory turbo that I had a 2.5 inch downpipe custom bent for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online