thicker exhaust manifold gaskets

JourneymanD

Reaction score
I am looking for a part # for exhaust manifold gaskets.

I got the set of thin stamped steel gaskets from the local parts house, they are felpro #MS91242 for my 7.3IDI.

The replacement engine I got to put in my E350 had another gasket that was thicker on one side, and the felpro thin steel on the other.

I would like to run the thicker ones. It has a thin sheet steel core with a fiber layer on both sides of it. It has some info on it saying it is a Payen brand gasket with the part # 40227G. I found out Payen is a Federal-Mogul product line, but no luck on a supplier that carries it.

Anybody have a # and a source for what i am looking for?

thanks

sootman73

Reaction score
i can have my friend see if he can find it. he's in a co-op with federal mogul right now. im sure he could ask around. can't promise he'll find anything but it can't hurt to try it.

sootman73

Reaction score
i looked on federal mogul website and found a part number. not sure if its what you want but here's the number. # MS91242

let me know what state you are in. i found a locations listing on their site as well.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
The steel shim gaskets are the best you can get. I have never replaced one because it was leaking and I have worked on alot of IDI's.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The Victor Reinz Exhaust manifold gaskets are thicker than the felpro ones as well.You can get any Car Quest parts store to order those for you.

sootman73

Reaction score
if you want the fed mog im pretty sure my friend figured out how to log onto the parts directory. he said he'll be able to find out whether it was discon or is available anymore. though it looks like the fed-mog are fel-pro? there was mention of fel-pro on the website.