thank god

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
ok finally got the tranny dropped and thank god there isn't any bad damage on the flywheel:hail :thumbsup: . The tob makes a wishing sound when i spin it by hand(I think it's just a little gone). Rested the tob against the pressure plate 4 of the fins on the pressure plate were 3/8 to 1/2 inch away from the tob:puke: (might explain my grind in reverse and hard to get into gear.:rotflmao ) the clutch plate is good but I'm gonna replace it anyway. But still have one question, haven't checked the pilot bearing should i replace it? I have heard that pilot bearing very rarely blows just grease it up good and roll with it because it is hard to get out. Whats the opinions

almost forgot, got my procomp pump on there to while I was underneath it;Sweet I love it

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok finally got the tranny dropped and thank god there isn't any bad damage on the flywheel:hail :thumbsup: . The tob makes a wishing sound when i spin it by hand(I think it's just a little gone). Rested the tob against the pressure plate 4 of the fins on the pressure plate were 3/8 to 1/2 inch away from the tob:puke: (might explain my grind in reverse and hard to get into gear.:rotflmao ) the clutch plate is good but I'm gonna replace it anyway. But still have one question, haven't checked the pilot bearing should i replace it? I have heard that pilot bearing very rarely blows just grease it up good and roll with it because it is hard to get out. Whats the opinions

almost forgot, got my procomp pump on there to while I was underneath it;Sweet I love it

I didn't have an trouble getting mine out. I'd give it a try and at least see if you can get it out without much trouble. A new one is only about $10-$15 and it would suck to be re-doing the clutch job (or worse replacing a tranny) a few months from now because you didn't replace it...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Do yourself a big favour and ditch the pilot bearing and get a kevlar pilot bushing .Light film of synthetic grease on it and you're good to go. No bearing needles to wear out ;Sweet