"Tank" my 91 Crew Cab Dually

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Those fuse holders top right work great. All goes together with lock washers. Sorry I don’t have a better pic. Think they were busman. Uses the big blade style fuses.

Nope sorry.... this is it.

Littelfuse 298900 Automotive... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FXL4Q0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Those are VERY similar to the ones I have. I believe the one for the glow plugs actually IS a busman on mine. The one I used inline with the alternator is for a 90-something S10, only paid $1 for it :D

I have to get mine mounted though, to be honest they're just kinda sitting on the inner fender until I get the gumption to fix that... :oops:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I replaced the bad cable so we'll see how it works. It was a quick fix but I'll probably order another cable and fix it right later.

I also installed a pair of $12 LED reverse bulbs from Amazon. I figured at that price as long as they work I can't really lose.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D8DJN30/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_DeYvDbJ5KBMGX
I did the same. Light difference isn't all that much, so I'll add some LED floods that I'll put on a toggle switch, later.

My bulbs are different to these. Wish I had seen these before I got the ones I used.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the same. Light difference isn't all that much, so I'll add some LED floods that I'll put on a toggle switch, later.

My bulbs are different to these. Wish I had seen these before I got the ones I used.

Yeah I only had one bulb working anyway so it'll be an improvement regardless. I have to get a new set of aux lights since mine corroded at the mounting point and fell off after three years... :mad:

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I only had one bulb working anyway so it'll be an improvement regardless. I have to get a new set of aux lights since mine corroded at the mounting point and fell off after three years... :mad:
After seeing some of the other examples here, I am considering getting some that will mount between the bumper and the tow receiver. Or even some I would have to cut holes in the bumper for.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my Drivers side ground cable showed up today.

EXTREMELY pleased with this company.
https://www.batterycablesusa.com/

$34 shipped to my door for a 48 inch long 2/0 ground cable with 3/8 lug on one end and 1/2 on the other and a 12" long 8ga lead on each end terminated with a 5/16 lug. Should be EXACTLY what I need for the old girl!

I'll update whenever I get my new battery in and have a chance to test it out but I figured I'd share my excitement!

I know @dgr was mentioning needing new battery cables.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other day I swapped the IP from my parts truck in, I was having issues getting it timed but I think I've got it now. Reads at 9.5ish. I'll check it again in a few days.

I might have fixed another oil leak...

Friggen RTV all over everything where the O-ring is supposed to be. Some people drive me nuts!

Got my second battery installed today. Apparently the drivers side ground is the only one with a frame tie in. Oh well, I hooked my extra ground on a bolt behind the loopy metal power steering cooler. Can't have too many grounds! Almost scary how fast it spins over now!

Now to find that pesky vibration that's been bugging me lately.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my second battery installed today. Apparently the drivers side ground is the only one with a frame tie in. Oh well, I hooked my extra ground on a bolt behind the loopy metal power steering cooler. Can't have too many grounds! Almost scary how fast it spins over now!

Now to find that pesky vibration that's been bugging me lately.

Now you're making me wonder why my truck can be a bear to turn over and start sometimes ( It's not as bad now with brand new batteries of the correct size! ) I may replace all the battery cables with solder in/crimp connections and make frame grounds for both sides... Hmmm.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my bad parking brake cable swapped out. I'm going to have to remember how to use it now!

I'm hoping this was my vibration issue.

It was brand new from Ford a couple years ago when I changed my radius arm bushings....

Greased up the u-joints while I was under there to adjust the brakes (I relubed the adjuster for the side I had apart).

Should stop a lot better and now I'm not going to be worried that it could pop out of gear and roll. It never has, but that doesn't mean I trust it.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same part broke on my truck a couple years after replacing the radius arm bushings, hoping the new one last longer.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Relating to grounds and dual batteries does no one hook them up correctly for parallel batteries (hot from passenger side with existing wire, ground only from drivers side with both neg cables in series to starter, rest of loads to fender solenoid (of course jumper to solenoid from starter or pass side + and from center ground point to ground on starter). This ensures both batteries share all loads equally if battery to battery wires same gauge. No more one battery hidden failing and dragging other down until they both fail. No more differences between battery voltage loaded or not. Works for high current ebike batteries which are sensitive in parallel situations so should work here. Will let you know after I finish crimping and moving mine.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online