Suspect problems now confimed after.....

Dbbitt

Reaction score
I have a 96 F250 PSD that I towed a 31 ft camper with this summer and while towing i suspected that it didnt have the power i had expected from the PSD. I havent given it much thought since summer but winter came and i had problems starting the truck in the cold. After finding a damaged wiring harness for the glow plug circuit i replaced glow plug wiring and the wiring for the injectors. i also removed and replaced the injector o rings. I no longer have the trouble starting in the morning but now i get heavy smoke in the morning until it warms up. again have not spent too much time on this. last week i picked up a superchips tuner and programed the truck, BTW no trouble codes before programming. after programming the truck i can only depress the accelerator pedal just so the ivs closes and the truck takes off like a shot full pull acceleration when i get up to speed get off the pedal step back on it boom like i floored it but only depressing 1/8th in or so. so after all this i cannot drive it this way i will get ill. now i have to figure out what is wrong that the program amplified the problem any help.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happens if you remove the SCMT program and go back to stock?

Dbbitt

Reaction score
i am back to normal. i started to look at control devices but it being cold hear and using the truck all the time i cannot spend much time on it. i found the eps tube from the manifold to sensor is blocked but i think that just controls morning warmup. i emailed super chip and they said to uninstall and reinstall. DAAA did that several times.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dbbitt said:
i found the eps tube from the manifold to sensor is blocked but i think that just controls morning warmup.

That is correct. If that tube is plugged you will find your EBPV closing at odd times or staying closed all the time.

Dbbitt

Reaction score
well i found a site with alot of info on it about my modle year so i am going to order a few parts and see what the out come is.

Dbbitt

Reaction score
update

well so far i replaced the accelerator peadle,ebp ube and sensor and the truck runs great stock. 17 to 20 lbs boost on highway flat to the floor. program the computer to tow safe mode go for a drive. 1/8 pedal feels like a rocket. i cannot travel on a road at 25 mph without getting car sick. oh 1 thing i notice is while i am on the highwat at about 70 or so i get off the pedal the rpms are between 500 and 1000 touch the pedal to accelerate the rpms jump to 2000 rpm but if i put the cruise on it maintains the 2000 rpm any ideas please. i also got a second programmer to see if it was the superchip programmer it wasn't

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you are running good again, as to the RPM issue when you are cruising and then let off the throttle......... thats the torque convertor coming unlocked, so the engine goes to idle, when you hit the throttle again the TC locks back up and the engine picks up RPM through the drivetrain.

Dbbitt

Reaction score
that was part of the 450.00 accelerator pedal assembly i actually got it for 185.00. i drove in a 97 with the tuner in and it didnt act like mine does.