Supply fuel line from fuel filter housing to injection pump

Aria clark

Reaction score
Is there a alternative way to get rid of the metal fuel supply line from the fuel filter housing to the injection pump? I'm having a hard time finding parts and might have cut up the metal line. (For a 6.9lidi) I don't want to put the same parts back on it that leaked originally, and I want to be able to bend it out of my way if I need to work on something around the lines, without having to take it completely off.

I have another idi (7.3Lidi) that me and my grandpa put regular pipe threaded fittings on it, and a rubber hose (fuel rated line) but it's stripped the threads on that injector pump (or stripped the brass threads on said fitting) and I don't want to repeat that mistake.

I kinda want to get it going soon as it's already getting cold, and I have to bleed the air out of the lines again XD

Last edited:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That`s Push Lock Hose, so don`t use Hose Clamps on it.4

I put that set upon my 86 several years ago, works great.

The steel line from the Lift to the Filter can be replaced with rubber hose. Just swap in a Barb Fitting at the LP, forget what I used at the Filter end. It`s 3/8" hose.

Goat

mf7lakes

Full Access Member
Reaction score

chickenpot

Reaction score
That`s Push Lock Hose, so don`t use Hose Clamps on it.4

I put that set upon my 86 several years ago, works great.

The steel line from the Lift to the Filter can be replaced with rubber hose. Just swap in a Barb Fitting at the LP, forget what I used at the Filter end. It`s 3/8" hose.

Goat
I'm pretty sure that the steel line fitting on the LP is an inverted flare and won't take a NPT barb without a lot of praying. maybe someone could shine light on a barb that has a straight thread and sits in the inverted flare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online