STOLEN ATS TURBO bay area CA

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
So the turbo is in Davis and im in santa rosa. Davis PD said they can do a civil stand by and thats it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can bring up the OB on your phone or a laptop to show this thread, it would show the pics and date of thread. Then you can compare it to the turbo thats for sale with the cop standing by. That should be proof enough that it's your's.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Last thing is when I filed the police report the damage was so bad I didnt even notice the turbo was gone for 2 days

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Inaction is your enemy.

X2.

Pester the cops enough and they will help you just to get you to stop calling. Wringing your hands will not get it back.

Have photos and the link to OB so you can have a date and timed record. Request the police report (you should already have the number) and be very clear and concise to the cops when they show up. They don't need all of the story, just the parts related to the theft and location of the property. Let them ask the questions and answer them directly. They appreciate clear thoughts and responses, since they have to talk to crazies, drunks, addicts and all sorts of people trying not to get arrested. If you act like (and tell them that) you appreciate their time, they will go out of their way to help.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Ad was deleted fast. The number will not answer my calls and has blocked my number. Today after calling from a blocked number someone picked up but didnt say anything. They hung up when I said hello. I just need to trace the number. Davis PD wont do anything even with a police report

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Clearly this all sounds smelly. I bet it was her or a friend selling stolen property and got coold feet. It might be too late to do anything about it now.. So why would the seller not talk when you called and then block your calls. Something is really fishy there.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly this all sounds smelly. I bet it was her or a friend selling stolen property and got coold feet. It might be too late to do anything about it now.. So why would the seller not talk when you called and then block your calls. Something is really fishy there.
It's probably her, and she recognized your voice and knew your number. The idea to have a friend that she doesn't know make arrangements, then surprising her, doesn't seem like a bad idea to me...although I'm not very well experienced in such things; someone with a law enforcement background would know better.

If I can help, let me know ;Sweet

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Are her or her friends likely to be the violent type? Have a friend that she doesn't know arrange a meet. Then hide nearby with a group of friends when she(or her friend) arrives to make the transaction. Your call from there on what to do.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say it but this sounds like a **** sandwich without bread in the making. I understand that she ripped you off but you need to be careful how you handle this. The cops don't care about you or your belongings. If things go south, you could easily find yourself on the wrong side of the law. Just a word of caution.

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cops don't care about you or your belongings. If things go south, you could easily find yourself on the wrong side of the law. Just a word of caution.

Not a statement I would agree with. They spend their lives sniffing through other peoples BS, they can generally tell who is the thief and who isn't. I'd set up a purchase on this and put my hands on it and then call the law, chances are the perps will flee. Who ever is selling it already knows it doesn't belong to them, the ex, friend of the ex, crack head, doesn't matter it's not their property. Go get your turbo.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup; this is just the way I'd do it. Talk about all the plans on how to get it on here and what to do. She probably knows your on the OB. there is only several thousand Visitors looking at this. Who wants a cheap turbo? She sells it to who knows who, how ya gonna prove it's yours, how ya know who has it. Might get real nasty.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Man I hate to say this, but I feel like your chances of getting it back now just went down a lot

If it does come back up for sale on CL, or hell even ebay, get a buddy to text for you, or buy a burner cell phone, and play your typical CL sleeze bag and low ball the shyt out of them and set up a meeting. Roll with a buddy who is down for what ever, and size up the scene, and just do what you gotta do kid

Shame the right, legal way doesnt work, but Ive learned sometimes honest abe gets boned the hardest...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online