Stiff Clutch Pedal

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So my truck hasn't been ran in forever and the clutch pedal is stiff as all get out. The Pedal itself feels like its binding up where it pivots on itself, and I can see what appears to be metal shavings sitting underneath it, which in my pea brain says that there is some metal on metal action going on up there.

It is my understanding that there are, or should be, nylon bushings up in there. Where do I find, and just how much time and what is involved to get to them?

Among a host of other problems at this point (front tank empty after 120 mile highway and rear tank is now full to the brim).

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are the bushings you'd need. Given LMC's usual quality, I'd go for the dealer part. Exception would be the bushing on the arm to the pushrod. Search "clutch heim joint" for a proper fix. Do it all sooner than later; if you're metal on metal, you could waller out the holes in the pedal box and have to replace it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my truck hasn't been ran in forever and the clutch pedal is stiff as all get out. The Pedal itself feels like its binding up where it pivots on itself, and I can see what appears to be metal shavings sitting underneath it, which in my pea brain says that there is some metal on metal action going on up there.

It is my understanding that there are, or should be, nylon bushings up in there. Where do I find, and just how much time and what is involved to get to them?

Among a host of other problems at this point (front tank empty after 120 mile highway and rear tank is now full to the brim).
if you see metal shavings, it's fatal. time for a new bracket. they're obsolete. I'll see if I have a good one I can send up to you when I get back from TX.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking Calvin. Luckily its easy to float gears to reduce the amount of clutching needed. I'll park it after today.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Could of sworn Amazon had the pedal assemblies. Or was that just OBS trucks?

I don't think it ever got "approved." But I did a heim joint write up. Have a doc/pdf also.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was just OBS on Amazon. Not sure it's even still available.

I put a bronze bushing in my pedal linkage instead of a heim joint. Seems to work pretty well.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is it would be too soft. Nylon or Delrin would be better choices I would guess. Maybe something glass filled for a little extra stiffness.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what the bushings look like.

My version of the clutch rod mod.

Here they are with the package to help with the PN

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That I don't know. I suspect they would but someone with more bull nose experience will have to chime in.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty sure the shaft is the same diameter and length.
its the bracket that's slightly different.