Stiff Clutch Pedal

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omg....this has been beaten to death...shafts are same size k guys....but i dont knkw about buahings in the holes....

Sorry bout pissy tude....but my bull brick obs pedal comparrison answered lots about this...guess could go dig up brackets again....

LOL

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bushings are available at most box part stores. I know oreillys carrys them. When the shaft is unblemished, the bushings hold it in place. Once it wears like it sounds like yours is doing, then the bushings don't hold it and you have to go with something like what laserjock posted to hold everything in alignment.
My clutch rod repair is much less elegant than others posted. I go buy a pair of small needlnose plier vicegrips and lock them onto the end of the shaft. If got two trucks running that setup for many years now and it works great, costs about $10 and you have spare needlenose always if you need them.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Omg....this has been beaten to death...shafts are same size k guys....but i dont knkw about buahings in the holes....

Sorry bout pissy tude....but my bull brick obs pedal comparrison answered lots about this...guess could go dig up brackets again....
....or post a link to your thread with the pics showing the differences....

The bushings are available at most box part stores. I know oreillys carrys them. When the shaft is unblemished, the bushings hold it in place. Once it wears like it sounds like yours is doing, then the bushings don't hold it and you have to go with something like what laserjock posted to hold everything in alignment.
That's true for the bushing between the arm and the pushrod. But for that connection, the FLAPS bushing is just as craptastic as the OEM. The pedal BOX bushings are another story; if the metal on the pedal box itself is worn, you're pretty-much looking at a replacement pedal box.

My clutch rod repair is much less elegant than others posted. I go buy a pair of small needlnose plier vicegrips and lock them onto the end of the shaft. If got two trucks running that setup for many years now and it works great, costs about $10 and you have spare needlenose always if you need them.
An even cheaper option, less elegant than the heim joint, similar to lj's - rather than drilling a hole in the pin and using an R-clip, put a 7/16" drill stop collar on the end of the pin and tighten it down. Use a piece of BRASS (NOT bronze or copper) tubing as the bushing. On my trucks it's tight, most every night, but now I might be mistaken.....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It appears I can't view the majority of the pictures thanks to photobucket
Well sounds like I am going to have to get a several TB portable HD and download all my images and re upload em...crap

Thats literally several k of photos ...grrr....dirty (0 (# b!+€$

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well sounds like I am going to have to get a several TB portable HD and download all my images and re upload em...crap

Message shaggy. He did something that let my old stuff show up in my build thread. I don't know what he did but I won't use PB going forward. When I tried it also showed up as broken so anyway, maybe that's helpful maybe not.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you have them before you uploaded them to Barfbucket? Aren't they there still now?

Do people really think that their personal information is either safe or useful to them on for-profit sites, "free" for the moment but could be charged for, sold, given away, deleted, etc. at any time? I remember at least once, and I think several times, that Barfbucket completely reorganized their site, and most people's links to their pics on forum sites and the like broke.

Most forum sites now allow you to attach pics directly to the post; much more robust. If the forum is up, the pics are up. If the pics are down, it doesn't matter because the forum is down.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you have them before you uploaded them to Barfbucket? Aren't they there still now?

Do people really think that their personal information is either safe or useful to them on for-profit sites, "free" for the moment but could be charged for, sold, given away, deleted, etc. at any time? I remember at least once, and I think several times, that Barfbucket completely reorganized their site, and most people's links to their pics on forum sites and the like broke.

Most forum sites now allow you to attach pics directly to the post; much more robust. If the forum is up, the pics are up. If the pics are down, it doesn't matter because the forum is down.
Webshots did similar

Mine are gone but I cam go get em....

Phome only holds so many