starting problems....

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i got new o-rings, and that was a chore. ford told me they are phased out and no longer available, and my local internations dealer charged me 8 bucks apiece for them. I got a one piece filter and am going to change it all in the morning. It wouldn't even start tonight. I had to walk to work.. nothing like a brisk five mile walk to make a person happy...... as for battries I have two new semi batteries in it and it cranks like a champ..im trying hard not to tax the starter.....

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a huge problem! I changed the filter and o-rings in the filter head. Both the inner and outter o ring. Now it leaking ever worse out the top where the heater wire hooks up. The one piece filter fixed the major problem but any ideas on what I might do on the top? Is the heater inner assembly available still? And ideas guys? Thanks again.....

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now, can't a person just replace the O-Rings in the return caps as well as the lines without buying the new plastic caps? After all the McMaster Carr O-Rings are listed, and that's a small investment compared to more when every dollar needs to be watched and you need to repair multiple items.

Prior to winter, I plan on adding a primary filter where the separator once sat and finding some sort of heater to add to the system. I have ideas there, but would rather get something like OEM, from what year yet I don't know.