stalling

charney

Reaction score
I have a 03 7.3L and having a problem stalling it only happens once and when driving it feels like it runs out of fule no throtal responce.I restart and it is good . Replace the cps and still has this problem dose the computer have to be reset.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time it feels like it runs out of fuel and dies don't restart it, don't cycle the key, pull the filter canister lid and see if its...well, out of fuel? Fuel pump may be getting weak or the pickup tube may be beginning to fail. Do you notice this happening when the fuel tank is low?

charney

Reaction score
So when i got this truck i didnt know it was chiped took it to the dealer they did a test didnt find any coads went futher and removed the aftermarket chip reprogramed the computer runs grate but lacks the power. I will look into a diffrent programer thanks guys

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
chances are the chip was loose, causing the problem, you need to resolder the contacts where the chip goes.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
yep exactly, from the factory there is no plug there, just the contacts on the board, and they are covered in silicon, when ya install a chip ya need to remove all the silicon off of the board, but what happens is sometimes the contct metal on the board gets taken off as it is not real thin. or it is a possoblilty that the chip was removed more than once, this will also remove the metal. I was shown a long time ago by Bill from PHP to solder up the contacts.

I solder all the ones I install, and have fixed a few problems on truck with the same problem by soldering them.

look here http://www.dieselmanor.com/docs/dmi/DM-TS73LMPC15.pdf
on pg 7 it shows the end of the board

Last edited: