Someone go get it!!!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JF,
If the dog came with that truck, we would be on our way to Florida right now to pick it up as my wife would have bought it! $8100 and reserve not met....

Here is a better option for you. IDIT + 5 Speed + 4x4. This one will bring a bit more cash.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-ford-f-250-41/
Ha! That's how you coax her in to letting you get all the cool cars!

The killer on that truck is the single cab. I know there's single cab guys, but $25K for a single cab?........come on..... maybe if it came with a Maltipoo......and a $15K rockauto gift card.

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! That's how you coax her in to letting you get all the cool cars!

The killer on that truck is the single cab. I know there's single cab guys, but $25K for a single cab?........come on..... maybe if it came with a Maltipoo......and a $15K rockauto gift card.

We all have our secret tricks. My wife was once voted "Most likely to die attempting to pet something she shouldn't"

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO what rear axles have a 2.47? I assume half ton stuff?

But yes I agree, we have a pickup with 2.56’s. 1/2 GM 10-bolt. And it loves 75 mph.

2.47 with a low stall would be even better.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO what rear axles have a 2.47? I assume half ton stuff?

2.47 with a low stall would be even better.
Yes. It's my 1981 F150. I hadn't even heard of axles that tall before I bought this one. I did buy a low stall convertor for it. I was also going to use the DN2 that's on the back of the diesel C6 that I have since I didn't really have another option.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. It's my 1981 F150. I hadn't even heard of axles that tall before I bought this one. I did buy a low stall convertor for it. I was also going to use the DN2 that's on the back of the diesel C6 that I have since I didn't really have another option.
That sounds like a great combo of “run-what-ya-have” to make a great daily when you don’t need 4x or a heavy hauler. I like it.

Any plans to do this in the near future? Will the idi bolt into a half ton , frame widths different?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Any plans to do this in the near future? Will the idi bolt into a half ton , frame widths different?
The frames are the same width. As for bolting in, I think that you may have to cut some extra holes in the crossmember so that the IDI motor mount studs will drop through (the gas engines have one stud on the bottom of the motor mounts while the IDIs have two). My plans for this were put on the back burner over 1 1/2 years ago and may not ever be carried out. All I know is that I have to get off my duff SOON and get the 351W I have waiting swapped in place of the 302 that's in it now. I'm SICK of paying $1+ more per gallon for diesel than gasoline! I actually have to get a four wheeler running foe a guy and then I'll be working on the Red Truck. That works in my favor. I need it to be a little bit warmer before I go cleaning parts off in solvent and porting heads.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does it look like the center console was put in backwards?

What were they thinking? It’s a purty pickup!!

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my console lifted up and turned it into a bench seat when needed. My Dodge has that and was pretty handy.
It there a year that Fords had that and I could swap into my '87?