Someone go get it!!!

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad it’s not a manual, if it was, and closer, and I hadn’t just bought an F-Superduty, I’d have been interested

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the dad gum C6 that kills it! Have y'all noticed that all the low mile bullnose trucks that are in great shape have C6s? It's because it sucks to drive a C6 behind these engines.........ask @Brian VT ......he knows....

No doubt. I still have a NP435 under the work bench, just incase I find a truck with a C6 in it that I just "have to have".

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It's the dad gum C6 that kills it! Have y'all noticed that all the low mile bullnose trucks that are in great shape have C6s? It's because it sucks to drive a C6 behind these engines.........ask @Brian VT ......he knows....
I've noticed the same thing. I've been thinking that I need to find some junked trucks with manual transmissions and put those in some trucks with a C6.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 4WD diesel T19, and 4 2WD diesel ZF5s. When I get back from Georgia I plan to go get a 4WD diesel ZF5. It’s supposed to have all the gears, so I want to swap it out for the one in my service truck. And then take apart the one that came in my service truck, since 5th gear doesn’t work, and probably rebuild it.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1st thing that kills it for me is 2wd. The 2nd thing is the C6.
If I had to drive on the highway more than a few times a year I'd have sold my truck by now (or changed the tranny).
But I'm told the C6 is "bulletproof" and that's mostly what I want out of this truck.