Someone go get it!!!

94turbocrewcab-lb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep mine flip forward so my guess was right. They’re so reclined and probably need new foam..you sink in like 3 inches..it’s plush but to much for me. I’d like a stiffer bench seat

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Cool. Just make sure that it is a Turbo engine before you get too excited about it. I was just looking at a brick nose truck listed for sale in Denver that had the "ultra rare turbo diesel" engine in it. It also had an "upgraded Banks kit" on it. It was only a first gen Banks turbo. The guy was asking $12,000 for it. I could only laugh. Facebook marketplace at it's finest!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Just make sure that it is a Turbo engine before you get too excited about it. I was just looking at a brick nose truck listed for sale in Denver that had the "ultra rare turbo diesel" engine in it. It also had an "upgraded Banks kit" on it. It was only a first gen Banks turbo. The guy was asking $12,000 for it. I could only laugh. Facebook marketplace at it's finest!

At least it's not $40k for a regular plain Jane powersmoke
People sure got some ideas about their stuff. Yesterday I asked a guy about a truck that I've been watching for at least 6yrs, so I know it's been sitting for longer...... much longer. It's a a 93-94 crew cab single wheel one ton, body is straight, not wrecked, idi, na, I think it's a e4od, but I was finally in contact with a human associated with the truck and I say, "hey would you be interested in getting rid of that truck?" He says "it's my uncle's, but really it's my cousins,(interpretation: someone died there's no title ) but yeah I think he wants to part with it" so I'm like "give him my number". Later in the day he sends pictures of the truck (that I really don't need, and you think he'd wipe the rat nest off the air filter for photo opps) so I'm like "how much? Does it have title?" And dude says $2500-3000. And I tell him I was thinking less than a $1000 because it's been sitting for years and probably needs a lot...... you know what that dude says? Get this......."there's nothing wrong with the truck, we only quit driving it because water was getting into the oil filter somehow, other than that it's fine..." I told him I'd do $600 with or without a title........ crazy.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Factory 7.3 IDIT swapped in!! Dump bed. Gonna see if he’ll trade!! I don’t need the plow.
This is a great example of the problem I had with people selling stuff: okay, the plow looks great, the dump bed looks heavy duty, I appreciate the dents, definitely a worker...........but show me the MOTOR!!! wouldn't mind some interior, but geeez louise! show us the dad gum engine! I don't care if it's a Honda Accord! put an underhood picture in your post if you're selling a vehicle. If I'm buying a bull I look at his testicles, if I buy a cow I look at her rear end and udder, if I buy a steer I look at his muscles, and if I buy a car/truck I want to see the powerplant! Especially if it's a heart transplant!

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jesus Freak i completely agree. And actually write some info so I don’t have to play 20 questions.

But man the 70’s Ford pickups just look so rugged and tough to me!!

I’m sure it prolly has a 4-spd and 4.10’s. Wonder if it has a Dana 60. Good thing the closest 75 mph speed limit is 2.25 hours from me :thumbsup:

Wonder how good the dump bed is. I’m sure it won’t happen, but ima gonna giver a go!!

I’m trying to whittle down to 2 vehicles and a trailer for myself, but I’m having a tough time getting below 3.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I left him a message and he has not called me back.
That doesn't mean much. The guy I bought the small block C6 from a few weeks back was the worst one that I've dealt with. I saw it and messaged him on Wednesday. He replied that someone was coming to look at it the next day. I asked him to please let me know if it sells. Thursday evening, I messaged him asking if it sold. I didn't hear back from him until Saturday morning, saying that the other guy didn't show. I had been assuming that it sold and he didn't bother to let me know. I immediately asked if I could still come and buy it. I didn't hear back until around 7:30 that night. I had given him my phone number so he'd know that I was serious. He sent a text saying that he'd call me Sunday morning. He didn't call until 1:45 that afternoon. I left right after that and didn't get home until around 7:30 that night. Some people just don't seem to be very excited about selling what they've listed for sale.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't mean much. The guy I bought the small block C6 from a few weeks back was the worst one that I've dealt with. I saw it and messaged him on Wednesday. He replied that someone was coming to look at it the next day. I asked him to please let me know if it sells. Thursday evening, I messaged him asking if it sold. I didn't hear back from him until Saturday morning, saying that the other guy didn't show. I had been assuming that it sold and he didn't bother to let me know. I immediately asked if I could still come and buy it. I didn't hear back until around 7:30 that night. I had given him my phone number so he'd know that I was serious. He sent a text saying that he'd call me Sunday morning. He didn't call until 1:45 that afternoon. I left right after that and didn't get home until around 7:30 that night. Some people just don't seem to be very excited about selling what they've listed for sale.
I call it simply "non-communication", like when I realize I'm dealing with one of these people and my wife says, "so what did he say", I reply, "I don't know, he's non-communicating, we might never find out". It's really annoying, especially when you're a "full-communicating" person like me.....that wants ANSWERS AND INFORMATION, NOW!!!

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with him, real nice fellow. Bought it from an ex Ford mechanic that worked at Glenwood Ford. That Ford mechanic did all the swapping, he would see it run around ans then bought it off the estate. Put new ZD-9’s from Napa in.

Dana 44 front. Dump bed works, boards were just rotten.

Big Ford man, he has lots of super cabs and crew cabs, has around 35 50’s - 80’s 4x4’s. He’s trying to thin the herd.

He has interest in my burb, so we are gonna send photos back and forth and see where it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online