Someone go get it!!!

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that it's red right now, but it will be white after I'm gone.

Don't they all? It's still tempting, but then I'd have to get a bed for it (I'm not a flatbed guy), and then the rabbit hole would get deep pretty quickly after that. I'm better off with not buying that truck.
The flat bed is part of why I want it lol a flatbed alone could cost more than that truck easy

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for the solid white one on big iron!!!
Dude, he wants the dirt bike! He's got enough trucks, he's devolving! He's gone from 4wheel trucks that run on diesel oil to 3 wheeled Hondas that run on gas to 2 wheeled dirt bikes that will operate on a mix of oil and gas! I'm on a motorcycle bug right now too, but mine says "potato... potato.... potato....."

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ITS SOLD!!!! Ok spill the beans, who bought it....!!!

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Thumbs Up

@IDIBRONCO they aren't all diesel unfortunately, honestly half of them may not be much more than scrap. Either way I will part anything usable from them.

James

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$9k, holy moly, it went for 9k!!!

Alright fellas, if the wives put us in the doghouse we gotta stick together...pool our resources!!

I will say the wife and I were talking and she gave me the go ahead to buy a regular cab 8’ box!!!!! I’m in heaven!!! I have to sell the burb, but that’s ok with me!!

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got that right. I wouldn`t trade my 86 IDI for anything new on any lot, anywhere. Interesting you mentioned it.

We lived in Santa Cruz for 40 years before moving here to NV. Our Dentist was in a complex behind Dominican Hospital. I use to see this Mercedes 240D in the lot. Stopped by and checked it out every once in a while and wondered who owned it. Our DD was a 85 300D Turbo Diesel, and I drove my Datsun 720 Diesel I drove for over 30 years.

I came home one afternoon from PNP with the bed filled with my Mercedes treasures from PNP. Was filling the tank at the station, and I hear this klakity klak of a Mercedes behind me.
This lady gets out.."Hey nice car". We have several of them and worship the ground they sit on etc... and show her my treasures.

She had owned the car for 30 years, raised her family and the kids learned to drive it etc... she was head of the pathology dept, and her husband was head pharmacist at Dominican.
This was the car I had drooled over.

She said she was thinking of trading it for a new car. Told her if she traded it or donated it, it would get wholesaled off and probably PNP would end up with it, and described what then happens to them.

"Well maybe I will donate it to you".... yeah right...
She was missing her right front Hub Cap, and said I had a couple that color. Exchanged info etc...

Cleaned up the best HB and put it on her car in the parking lot. Left a MSG, "check your right front wheel".
Calls me up that evening and thanked me for it.

A week later she calls and asks me if Iam still interested in her car? "We decided to give it to you".
2 weeks later meet her husband in the parking lot behind Dominican, he has the DMV paper work, paper signed over to us. Where it said price paid, wrote in "Gift".

We were more excited to get that old car, than anything new, and it was just about to roll over 306K miles. Now 380 something K miles.
I have it out in the shop with the front end out of it, and all new German Lemforder part`s to put back in, including new Springs. She is our baby. Simple basic car, can get 33 MPG on the Hwy.
Like the simplicity our IDI`s have.

Goat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online