So what did you do with your truck today?

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've heard "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours", so where's YOUR pictures of the coolant filter? @tbowker and I showed you ours.....

Last night I put a radiator and coolant filter, as well as precharged coolant, in the service truck.
Yeah, without photographic evidence it didn't really happen. Let's see some proof! Come on @KansasIDI , get with the program Mr. ;Poke :joker:

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Oh yeah, and since I just finished running my mouth about pictures, here's the method I used to make it easier to remove that snap ring. I eventually mounted the "C" clamp in a vise which made for fewer moving parts.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@tbowker @Jesus Freak

Did that filter head have a full size hole in the threaded hub that the filter screws on to? @Jesus Freak and I both seem to be running the same filter head and his has a reduced size hole, (well, until he modified it) I haven't removed my existing filter yet to verify if mine is a reduced center hole.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I changed the coolant filter. And you're right @Jesus Freak , my filter head has the reduced size hole also. The test strip said to add one pint of sca, so added Napa kool and called it a day.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twas a 3 part day…

A friend of mine told me that he saw some IDIs in the salvage yard at Herington, I stopped by this morning, there are 4. 2 6.9s and 2 7.3s. One of the 7.3s runs, and I got it spoke for at $500. So that was a good part of today.

Another good part was I went up to Manhattan this afternoon, and me and a bunch of my friends remounted a ranch hand front bumper on a 2001 7.3 PSD, fixed cruise control on a 1995.5 7.3 PSD, and did various repairs and such to my service truck.

-Aligned bumper
-Replaced coolant temp sensor
-Wired in a button for glow plugs
-Changed diff fluid and gasket
-Removed wheel simulators
-Added insulation around the shifter

The bad part of today was after 10 PM. Seen some deer up ahead, 4 of em. Slowed down to 70 kmh (45 mph-ish). They all got off the road, headed away, so I held speed. Faster than you’ll read this, one whipped around, ran into the middle of the road, and fell over, right as I got up to it. I kinda just got into the middle of the road in hopes that it wouldn’t damage as much… also tried to slow down but it happened so close that it didn’t really matter. Dented my newly mounted bumper, that was such a pain to align right, and I guess the impact must have been enough to shatter the lower radiator tank completely. Brand new radiator. Plastic tanks… had it been the brass one from before, I’m not so sure that would have happened…

Nothing else is damaged at least, but man that sucks. Am still aways from home, so I am setting in a pasture entryway waiting for someone with a trailer to come get me. Dad to the rescue for once lol. I just drove it to that pasture entryway so that I was off the highway, it didn’t get hot, so I guess I’ll drive it onto the trailer, just running for a few seconds.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus Freak, found your dream Tow truck.
With those hot stickie humid days coming up in Florida soon. This has plenty of fresh cooling air flowing through the cab. Look close, bet it even has Cup Holders.

Goat
Nice, but GOAT!, it's got a chebby powerplant. That just won't do, lol.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Nice, but GOAT!, it's got a chebby powerplant. That just won't do, lol.
@Jesus Freak .......remember the 6.9's & 7.3's........Mount one on that Dream Tow Trunk @Old Goat found & gonna give you!
Remember......I'm mounting one on my wifes WHEELBARROW so she can go shopping when she wants to!!!!!

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's got a chebby powerplant. That just won't do, lol.
not so sure on that...unless it has a crank trigger...(no dist. in the back...) My bet is that it is a Dodge big block...

That would have a good amount of torque...and sound pretty good starting up...

Could also be a Caddy engine...

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not so sure on that...unless it has a crank trigger...(no dist. in the back...) My bet is that it is a Dodge big block...

That would have a good amount of torque...and sound pretty good starting up...

Could also be a Caddy engine...
You right! I just saw the exhaust configuration. I had a 77 caddy DeVille with a 425 many years ago........ great engine.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I got a front end wobble at around 50mph. If I went slower it would stop and faster it would also stop. I haven't driven it much since then since I was repairing other stuff on it first. So today, I took it to get the front wheels balanced. After sitting for an hour and a half past my appointment time before the work started, both wheels are now balanced and no more wobble. Question. I've static balanced motorcycle wheels before but never a car or truck. What is the general consensus on doing such a thing? Should I just continue to get them dynamically balanced by a shop?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726