So what did you do with your truck today?

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This shock mount bracket was bent all out of shape. I struggled to remove the old shock and spent some time with the torch to get it to a reasonably original position so that I could install the new shock. Plus, this is the first vehicle on my "new to me" lift.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
What did I do to my truck today?
I popped the hood to make sure the engine is still in there. Or at least the bag covering it, we've had some high winds here lately.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stayed up really late last night, so I didn’t get up very early, but I haven’t shut my service truck off other than over lunch. Been using it the whole day. Building fence and working on farm equipment.

@IDIBRONCO Am I right in thinking that you have headers on your blue truck? What is your exhaust set up? My service truck has true dual exhaust, and large mufflers on each side. It has exhaust manifold gasket leaks on both sides too… planning on fixing that early next week. I do not want my service truck to be loud, but I was thinking that if I kept the large open flow mufflers, and put headers on, it shouldn’t get much louder, and my guess is that it would somewhat improve flow? Probably not very necessary for this truck, but I am still curious about your set up.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO Am I right in thinking that you have headers on your blue truck?
Yes.
What is your exhaust set up?
True dual. 2 1/2" with H pipe and free flowing mufflers that are 40+" long. It was installed by out old "sister shop" and they didn't do that great of work. I cut off the rattely, poorly bent and installed tailpipes. Now it doesn't make a sound like a bad exhaust valve at an idle.
but I was thinking that if I kept the large open flow mufflers, and put headers on, it shouldn’t get much louder, and my guess is that it would somewhat improve flow?
Yes this is correct. You can actually turn up your fuel slightly after the install. I like them on a N/A engine. I feel that they are part of the reason why I have no trouble keeping up with traffic on the Interstate or the traffic in Texas that I've seen several people that they have to have a turbo to run with. I'm planning to FINALLY install my turbo on the truck this summer so I'll be removing the headers.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
True dual. 2 1/2" with H pipe and free flowing mufflers that are 40+" long. It was installed by out old "sister shop" and they didn't do that great of work. I cut off the rattely, poorly bent and installed tailpipes. Now it doesn't make a sound like a bad exhaust valve at an idle.
Sounds quiet. That's nice...
Yes this is correct. You can actually turn up your fuel slightly after the install. I like them on a N/A engine. I feel that they are part of the reason why I have no trouble keeping up with traffic on the Interstate or the traffic in Texas that I've seen several people that they have to have a turbo to run with. I'm planning to FINALLY install my turbo on the truck this summer so I'll be removing the headers.
What kind of headers are they?

What turbo do you plan on running?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post # 10,923 last Tue., I up graded to the LED E-Bay Fender Lights.
I noticed the L/F light was sticking out some on the top left. I could leave it, but...Naaa aint right.
So had to pull the L/F Battery to get to the 2 nuts inside the fender.
There are 2 Tabs in the fender stamping, and just needed to push and bend them in a bit.
Also the light would go out, wiggle the plug and on they come on/off. One of the prongs inside the plug needed a bit of tweeking and now all is good. Buttoned it up, and noticed the R/F park/turn was out.

This side I can reach down behind the HL and pull the plug. Wiggle the plug and the bulb would sort of flicker. Sprayed the Socket with electric contact cleaner, and dug out some of the Putty Ford stuck in there.
Still no light.

Head out to the shop and grab the container of PNP Bulbs. (Have a bunch of those Costco plastic nut containers with the big lid, about 25 with various PNP spare stuff)
Replace the Bulb...no go. Use the Ice Pick light tester, and have juice, finally after the 3rd bulb, have contact.

I know better, but when the bulb didn`t work after cleaning the Socket, dug around the prongs with a small screw river, and blew the Fuse. be sure to push in on the light switch before poking around. So was another trip to the shop for the container of PNP Fuses.

PNP Auto Supply is handy for things.

I will say the new Fender Lights are bright, will throw light half way across the lane next to me.

Goat

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
What kind of headers are they?
Stan's, Brian's I don't know what the company name was at the time that they were installed. I believe that they're called Syan's Headers now (maybe they're closed?), but they used to be called Brian's Custom Exhaust.
What turbo do you plan on running?
I have a Typ4 modded first gen Banks. It will be all I need for this truck.
Post # 10,923 last Tue., I up graded to the LED E-Bay Fender Lights.
I noticed the L/F light was sticking out some on the top left. I could leave it, but...Naaa aint right.
So had to pull the L/F Battery to get to the 2 nuts inside the fender.
There are 2 Tabs in the fender stamping, and just needed to push and bend them in a bit.
Also the light would go out, wiggle the plug and on they come on/off. One of the prongs inside the plug needed a bit of tweeking and notw all is good. Buttoned it up, and noticed the R/F park/turn was out.

This side I can reach down behind the HL and pull the plug. Wiggle the plug and the plub would sort of flicker. Sprayed the Socket with electric contact cleaner, and dug out some of the Putty Ford stuck in there.
Still no light.

head out to the shop and grab the container of PNP Bulbs. (Have a bunch of those Costco plastic nut containers with the big lid, about 25 with various PNP spare stuff)
Replace the Bulb...no go. Use the Ice Pick light tester, and have juice, finally after the 3rd bulb, have contact.

I know better, but when the bulb didn`t work after cleaning the Socket, dug around the prongs, and blew the Fuse. be sure to push in on the light switch with a small screw river. So was another trip to the shop for the container of PNP Fuses.

PNP Auto Supply is handy for things.

I will say the new Fender Lights are bright, will throw light half way across the lane next to me.

Goat
That's good to keep in mind. I just ordered a pair yesterday.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stan's, Brian's I don't know what the company name was at the time that they were installed. I believe that they're called Syan's Headers now (maybe they're closed?), but they used to be called Brian's Custom Exhaust.
Well Stan’s appears to have been the company. No longer in business, owner retired several months ago… damn, guess I’m out of luck… evidently someone bought the designs and whatnot from him, but nothing further has come of that…

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well Stan’s appears to have been the company.
Stan's Headers bought out Brian's Custom Exhaust, but that was before you were born. The last I knew, they were $850 or more just for the headers. I have to agree with others on here who said that they just weren't worth the cost for no more power than they gave you. There was someone on her a few years back who wanted to experiment with building his own, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I finally got this water separator that's been sitting on my bench for months installed. I was going to ask (even though I've read it before on here) if I should just fill it with ATF, but there was so much diesel coming from the FSV that it was a moot point. Of course, if I end up with a rash from chemical burns, I'll make sure not to mention it to @IDIBRONCO . :bail

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I finally got this water separator that's been sitting on my bench for months installed. I was going to ask (even though I've read it before on here) if I should just fill it with ATF, but there was so much diesel coming from the FSV that it was a moot point. Of course, if I end up with a rash from chemical burns, I'll make sure not to mention it to @IDIBRONCO . :bail
Looks nice

I did mine late December. Has a Holley Blue now… after the Red died. I made a skid plate for it, to make sure nothing gets busted up

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I got to drive my dad's crew cab today, since mines torn apart. Picked up a new bed for the Lil girl, upgrading from a crib to a twin. Dang how time flies.
On another note, apparently it's got some wiring issues. Right before I got home, the oil pressure gauge on the dash dropped out and the red engine light came on. Luckily I installed a pillar gauge with oil pressure. It was fine. Dang electric gremlins.