So what did you do with your truck today?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today after Carol got me home from my early morning out-patient kidney stent exchange surgery I decided to go work some more on my shop. Well that didn't work out so well...... Carol got to holloring at me, told me get in house & lay down!
Sooooo here I am wanting/needing work on my shop but not feeling like it, so I decided to turn Bessie around, park her there where she can look at & watch my shop all rest of the day, all nite, & maybe even into tomorrow morning!!!!!!~
That'll show'em!!!!
BTW tomorrow is a National Federal Holiday for everyone!!!! My 73rd Birthday!!!!!

Well Happy Birthday, you are not old till you think you are. Keep on keepin on. It`s when you stop doing stuff, that takes a toll on the body. Especially us old farts.

Year ago last June when I took flyin lessons off the ladder working on my shop, and landed of the 250`s rear Bumper, cracked #10 Rib in 2 places. They said to take it easy and stay off the ladder.
Say what? neighbor lady gave be some 800mg of Ibuprofin, took one pill and thought I was Super Man, nothing hurt, that one pill lasted 5 days.

What you went through is a little more serious, listen to Carol.

Take care

Goat

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Block heater probably would, ZIPTIESNBIASPLIES has what he calls spit swapping lines, so if I put the heavy duty precharged coolant in my Dodge, and hydraulic quick couplers on my heater hose, then I can pump 185* coolant into it, and then it should fire right up. I want to do that at some point.

Thinkin on ether shot injection as a permanent solution. Might go with grid heater instead, undecided as of yet.

I… think… about 19.5:1, wouldn’t be higher. Lower perhaps. Cranks very fast, less resistance on the starter. Maybe that explains why it starts so good? :dunno
Let me know what you find for either injection systems. I'm digging the plugs in the GP hole idea.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested in the grid heater idea. What have you found that'll fit in our intakes?
I’ve done more research on ether shot systems, but, I think a Duramax grid heater could be made to fit. Not sure how effective it would be though…

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just some finishing touches to go.
Visor.
Headache rack.
And some touch up.

I used raptor coat bed liner and I got to say it's pretty sweet looking.

My truck is all about durabily and function.

Will post pics of her all back together.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_100620316_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231010_100620316_HDR.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20231010_115425206_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231010_115425206_HDR.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 10

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Well Happy Birthday, you are not old till you think you are. Keep on keepin on. It`s when you stop doing stuff, that takes a toll on the body. Especially us old farts.

Year ago last June when I took flyin lessons off the ladder working on my shop, and landed of the 250`s rear Bumper, cracked #10 Rib in 2 places. They said to take it easy and stay off the ladder.
Say what? neighbor lady gave be some 800mg of Ibuprofin, took one pill and thought I was Super Man, nothing hurt, that one pill lasted 5 days.

What you went through is a little more serious, listen to Carol.

Take care

Goat
Thanks Goat,
Always thru the yrs the Doctors tell me what not to do so then I just go home & do everthing they told me not to do. LOL Kept me going as well as keeping Bessie going!

Speeking of Bessie, I fired her up while ago, drove her down to the mailbox, drove her back & parked her otherside of my shop so she could watch me do some more work on my shop.

That's Wat I Did With My Truck Today!!! LOL

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I killed two batteries and all my battery cables. $400 mistake, positive cable was touching the exhaust manifold, melted it down and screwed stuff up. Was doin 70, then just died, no electrical power. Popped the hood, and see the money burn… so, truck left me stranded for the first time, with the new engine! Got a ride into town, got new battery cables and batteries, and went back out 1 1/2 miles west of town, put it all back together, QUADRUPLE CHECKED all the cables, wires and connections to make sure all was well, it fired up like a Cummins, as usual, and I drove off. Truck sat on the side of the road for 3 1/2 hours, had to make ground cables at Napa. They’re sure nuff high quality cables though… at $60 a piece, and $120 for the positive cable, which we didn’t make. One battery warrantied, the other one that was a puddle, didn’t…

Having trust issues with my competence, or rather, lack thereof, and am trusting the truck more and more.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I’m road testing it locally, doin farm errands, before it goes far. If there are no issues tomorrow, then I’ll drive it to Manhattan on Thursday.

TygreII

Reaction score
My right rear tire was locking up lat weekend, so I borrowed a garage from work.
I tore into it thinking that I missed something serious. Nothing looked off.
Everything looked like it was working as it should, but I could not move the parking brake lever. I had trouble on the left side, but I don't remember tthe fix.
I'm thinking on just cutting the cable. That system is locked up with rust anyways.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Popped the hood, and see the money burn… so, truck left me stranded for the first time
.......but did the truck really leave you stranded....? Or did YOU leave YOU stranded....... ;Poke

Joking aside, I’m glad it ended up just being a pain to the wallet and your time, but nothing else!!! :cheers:

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Glad I’m road testing it locally, doin farm errands, before it goes far. If there are no issues tomorrow, then I’ll drive it to Manhattan on Thursday.
This is totally different, but well once upon a time I learned something......

My forklift battery went down all the way, key left on or something. Anyway I hooked charger up, charged it up for a good charge. Hit starter & something wrong happened, don't remember what now, but not good, This was back in '95 or so.

Anyway friend of mine stopped by & got to asking things. Finally he told me I had charged battery up backwards. I said Didn't know it was possible. He said that yes you can if battery is totally down, then it can be charged up backwards.

He told me to completely discharge the battery, leave key on lites on etc etc overnite, then chaqrge battery back up correctly & see what happens.

I did, & things worked correctly. & I learned something!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online