So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I was cleaning and rearranging the shop and saw the new air filter sitting there so I swapped it out. Old one wasn't terrible, but wasn't great either.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also noticed the epoxy filling the hole in the filter cover wasn't holding up well so I gobbed and burned through and gobbed again until the hole had enough weld to not leak, and then I hid my sins with a liberal coating of Rust-Oleum and closed the hood and walked away LOL

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last weekend i went to the junkyard and got a hydroboost MC, for an idi, that i no longer own..... no im not selling it but i am very happy i found it and im going to put it on the next idi i get.

If you keep this up you could build a new truck from parts.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cleaned out my garage the other day and remember that underneath all of my clutter I have some really nice n/a heads. Along with those I had a bunch of random bolts and stuff. Figured I’d throw they on Facebook marketplace and see if anybody was interested. Maybe I’ll get a little pocket change from them.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cleaned out my garage the other day and remember that underneath all of my clutter I have some really nice n/a heads. Along with those I had a bunch of random bolts and stuff. Figured I’d throw they on Facebook marketplace and see if anybody was interested. Maybe I’ll get a little pocket change from them.
If I were on that coast I would drive down to pick all your stuff up. Dangit

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score

Almost done preparing my new slug for it's logging bed. Frame was scrubbed down with a wire twist brush on my angle grinder, rust reformer treatment, zinc primered, plastidip spray - ran out of black, had to finish it with white. Tops of the frame and the cross members were sprayed with rubberized undercoating. Just waiting for another can to finish that off.

Also wired up the tail light junction box.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I've been "fixing" the A/C in the Blue Truck for a couple of years now, but today, I FINALLY got started. I was going to over the weekend but things got in the way. My first step was to replace the condensor. I didn't want to try to remove the grille because things behind it need to be straightened from deer damage and I was not in the mood for that. I thought that it could come out with the radiator still in the truck and I was right. I took out all of the bolts for the fan shroud and the radiator and I could push it far enough back to pull it out. That wasn't without it's issues though, the lower mounting brackets kept hanging up on the studs that hold it in place so I took those off (actually I removed one and just bent the other one out of the way since I wasn't reusing the condensor). I got the new one slid in and bolted the radiator and fan shroud back up. Then I wasn't ready to stop so I decided to replace the compressor. That wasn't a straight forward job because someone had gotten a little bit ham ****** and stripped out the threads in the p/s pump pivot bolt so that was the time to replace that bracket (good thing I have one or two laying around). I got it replaced and put everything back. I was going to throw that aluminum bracket in the scrap pile, but then I thought different. These haven't been made for 30 tears or so and aren't getting any easier to find. If I wanted to, I could Heli Coil that hole and still use the bracket so it's going to stay around.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    663.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    568.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 3

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It was hot, pretty humid, with little wind so I decide to keep myself cooler by making my own breeze. It also helped the radiator cool down faster too. I've had this truck since January of 2013 and it's never had all four belts on it. I have to say that it looks MUCH better. I'll worry about hooking up the hoses tomorrow. Everything is still sealed up with the plugs so I won't have any dirt get in anything.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    492.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    358.2 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member