So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to build something, then maybe you’ll let me tag along LOL

I'd say take your truck! But it wouldn't be as pretty when it came back out. Speaking from experience! The first big dent is always the hardest!

I'm feeling the same way. @hacked89 is going wheeling in a few weeks and my wheeling rig is sitting in the barn with no motor. :cry:

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say take your truck! But it wouldn't be as pretty when it came back out. Speaking from experience! The first big dent is always the hardest!

I'm feeling the same way. @hacked89 is going wheeling in a few weeks and my wheeling rig is sitting in the barn with no motor. :cry:
I got a running NA 7.3 ready to drop in it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a running NA 7.3 ready to drop in it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don't tempt me! I might have to put that in my 69 Caprice!

I THINK the 1500 is getting an 8.1 swap.

Remember that F600 I hauled and pulled the mirrors off? That's a Cummins drivetrain donor for his c3500HD. Pretty sure I'll be putting his old 8.1 in my wheeling rig :rock:

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the steering wheel to clean up up the contacts to try and get my 4 way flashers working and then finishing up a cupholder enhancement for the center console. I'll have to see if I need to add more of an ancor to hold it in place but it seems to have worked in a test drive to the gas station.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do a whole lot with my truck today. I started getting a couple of toys ready to go to Colorado next month. Then I went to town and put a couple of bills in the drop boxes. At the gas station, I did see someone who wants to flood the turbo on his fairly new looking Duramax. As I was taking the picture in my side mirror, I was thinking that he should just put a funnel over the top of this contraption to help get more rain to fall inside.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I parked my truck out of the way in the drive way. I was checking fluids in it Friday before I headed home from work. It was 2 gallons low on coolant. Filled it up and started looking for leaks, and found a pretty steady leak from the rear of the drivers side head gasket. It lost about 2 quarts on the ride home, about 60 miles. So it’s time for head gaskets and studs, and some other stuff while the engine is out. The problem is I just don’t have time to mess with it right now. It’s going to have to wait until mowing and boating seasons wind down. It’s still drivable, but it’s not up to my daily commute. Looks like I’m back in the GMC for work again for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhythim

Reaction score
Acted on a bad idea today. Swore 6 ways from Sunday that I wasn't going to do any paintwork on this truck because there isn't a straight panel on it.

Got tired of looking at bare spots and the previous owner's rattle can primer on the hood. Can't just scuff and spray because of all the little dents in it. Going to just single-stage the hood, cowl grille, and the roof and hope I can quit at that point. Have too much work to do on my Mustang to spend any more effort trying to polish this ****.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

KYBricksandBulls

Reaction score
The other day I processed a couple 4000lb oak logs on my sawmill, then hauled a 5000lb log that was too long for my mill to the Amish mill and traded it for an Oak post and enough 16' Oak boards to redo my trailer decking. The 7.3 ran great. Air works, and felt so good after sweating my balls off to load that log on my trailer.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Great pics - You guys made me a little jealous today. So -

1) I am going to start looking for a Manchero, because it just looks cool! :) (Guessing these are a little hard to come by.)

2) Also decided I should by a portable saw mill to put on my trailer, just in case I decide to build a log cabin! :)

3) Fix my A/C as summer will be hear shortly.

Keep the pics coming!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86