So what did you do with your truck today?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Just a few steps foward and a few back...

You must be registered for see images attach

Wow, I am surprised they could get a sealed weld with the oil impregnated pan.........and what happened to the front drive shaft? LOL

so what is the plan on this one?

CharlesG

Reaction score
Wow, I am surprised they could get a sealed weld with the oil impregnated pan.........and what happened to the front drive shaft? LOL

With a steel pan, that would be a piece of cake, it's aluminum pans that are more of a problem. If you put a vacuum cleaner on the oil fill, it keeps the oil from dripping out while you're welding.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As for the drive shaft, the axle are not the same at 4.56 rear and 3.55 front. I am up in the air if sticking with underdrive or going to over drive, also being N/A currently dont think will get to speed in a reasonable time with the 3.55. As for that engine I am just trying to make it last as long as can to give me time to find funds and a 7.3 to replace the 6.9, preferably a turbo one. With her consumtion of oil at ~1 gallon ever ~120 mile, Im not sure see will live long. What happend was changed oil a few weeks ago and saw it was was dripping oil slow, so went to check if was tight and it decided to go loose spinning free with a faster drip. As for getting oil out, thats not too much a issue with a super sucker. So the future is not set in stone and just trying to make do with the cards given.

Last edited:

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the power of pfm, anything is possible.

:dunno

With a steel pan, that would be a piece of cake, it's aluminum pans that are more of a problem. If you put a vacuum cleaner on the oil fill, it keeps the oil from dripping out while you're welding.

Well the person doing welding managed with dripping oil even after most was sucked out. :angel:

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 88 f250 extended cab log bed zf5 4x4 I had with 3.55 had no problems getting up to speed. Pulled decent as well.

Do need to a cv front drive shaft that would be the right lenght for the lift on the truck, do still have the one for the d50 but I think it was short. With one could pull the rear and see how it fairs and go from there. I have 35in tire and the with the 4.56 it is usable but slow with more than a ton in the bed, that is what makes me unsure on the 3.55 currently. I would consider a zf5 if dirt cheap and would be good with the 4.56, on the other hand a fuller 6 speed underdrive would have a spread for the 3.55. So to what comes up when I have the funds will be the path I go.

EDIT: was mistaken on the issues with the drive shaft I have, it was clearance with the crossmember that it is almost touching.

Last edited:

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Love the super suckers! I have used for years on my boats Yanmar Diesel, only way to the get the oil out of the engine without dumping it in the bildge first. Air operated like above is the only way to go! The oil pan on the Yanmar is only 3" above the boats hull, so no room to work or put a oil catch pan. So just suck it out of the oil dipstick tube.

These evacuators are also awesome for anything using a Briggs & Stratton, Subaru, HF Preditor, or Honda 2-20hp engine. No turning your equipment upside down or pulling the drain plug which always seems conviently located so it pours oil all over your equipment before it hits the drain pan.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the super suckers! I have used for years on my boats Yanmar Diesel, only way to the get the oil out of the engine without dumping it in the bildge first. Air operated like above is the only way to go! The oil pan on the Yanmar is only 3" above the boats hull, so no room to work or put a oil catch pan. So just suck it out of the oil dipstick tube.

These evacuators are also awesome for anything using a Briggs & Stratton, Subaru, HF Preditor, or Honda 2-20hp engine. No turning your equipment upside down or pulling the drain plug which always seems conviently located so it pours oil all over your equipment before it hits the drain pan.

A bobcat is in the same boat, its a mission and a half to get the belley pan off so this is the only plausible option.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
this was yesterday, but my 88' f250's starter was acting up the past month, so I pulled the new starter from the parts truck and swapped them out. Starts a whole lot better now! The exhaust was in terrible shape, so I cut it off right in front off the rear end, and used a flex pipe exiting before the rear end, so it is now straight piped! I got to be honest, it sounds unbelievably good. There is a fella coming tomorrow to check it out, we shall see. It's starting to grow on me, so I should sell it while I still can.lol

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I got the mowing and weed eating done at my house last night. I couldn't spray for weeds because storms were rolling in. I told my boss this morning that I was going to have to take a long lunch so I could spray my yard and take the three wheeler and sprayer back to my garage since i can't fit them and the mower in my truck bed. He told me that I could borrow a small trailer that he has (apparently he didn't want me to take as long lunch) so I agreed. I did get the yard sprayed over lunch and loaded up everything after work. I was almost to my garage when I saw the biggest tumbleweed that I've ever seen sitting in the middle of the highway. I couldn't believe that no one had moved it. It was big enough that I had to get out of my truck to drag it off the highway. When I tried to pull it, it got caught underneath the rear tire on my truck so there was no dragging after that.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 3 sets of oil cooler mounting gaskets came today. I bought 3 because they’re like 5 bucks and I know for a fact I’ll end up Messing one up because I have wonderful luck.

Totally unrelated, but My girlfriend and I will send eachother cars and trucks that we see on Instagram that we like or find interesting. It really makes me smile when she sends me an obs ford on 24 inch wheels and a 8 foot lift kit because it’s always followed with a “why did they ruin that thing”.