So what did you do with your truck today?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've noticed covid effects are dramatically different from one person to the next. Typically I'm the guy who never gets sick and I downplayed concerns about getting covid. Well I ate my words in Feb! Two weeks of sheer he!! If you have an opportunity to get vaccinated, my advice is get those shots asap! I'm normally healthy, take no prescription meds, I'm either mildly overweight or simply have a beer induced enlarged liver, have type "O" positive blood (just for reference that's the blood type they claimed was somewhat less likely to contract covid), and never smoked. Having said that, also know others at opposite end of the health spectrum who had nothing more than sniffles.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously!

They started asking us every day at work if we have symptoms. I told my boss "I've had half of those symptoms every day for as long as I can remember so what do you want me to tell you" LOL
I don't want to keep sidetracking this thread, but I don't know where else to post it here. This seems to be the catch-all thread. LOL

Another guy has tested positive.

So, I bit the bullet. (I am the typical old guy. I HATE going to the doctor.) I made an appointment to be tested tomorrow morning.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I bit the bullet

I hope your teeth are okay! LOL

I don't want to keep sidetracking this thread, but I don't know where else to post it here

Well maybe this will help steer things back then?

Went out to my buddy's place where my truck is being stored? Held hostage? Idk :dunno He's borrowing it.

Pulled the mirrors off that medium duty truck he bought that I hauled a little while ago.

Man I really HATE drilling in my vehicle for some reason. I think I'm just terrified I'll screw it up!

You must be registered for see images attach

Got lucky, @tjsea was right, two of the holes matched my existing mirror bolts!

Only one side done. New heated convex mirrors on order at the recommendation of @The_Josh_Bear

Still have to drill the front mounting bolt but I wanted to get home and didn't want to tear the door apart tonight!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do anything very exciting, but it needed to be done badly. I hauled my mower over to my garage and mowed. I was going to spray for weeds, but the wind was blowing too hard. I was going to use my weed eater, but I forgot it at the house. I swear that I would have forgot the mower if it wasn't already loaded in the bed. I've been working a lot for the last three weeks. I didn't have time to mess with it. Last Thursday, when I stopped by there to put the tubes in my new tires, I noticed that some of the grass was getting to be pretty shaggy. Then a week of moisture (from a rain down to just being misty) sure made the grass really take off. I didn't even move any trailers and it still took twice as long as it normally does.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
The past couple days I have been putting my truck back together. I got both fuel tanks back in, fixed pickups, new fuel lines all around, holley red, and water seperator. I got it all buttoned up tuesday and it definitely ran and idled much better. It was sitting for close to 3 months, so I was glad when it fired up immediately. I just have to fix a small leak and it's good to go. Today I drove it around a bit, then hitched it up to my trailer to check a few things and get ready to do some brake work on the trailer. I figured I would snap a few pictures since it looked so good in the bright sun:Thumbs Up
Rock

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that some of the grass was getting to be pretty shaggy. Then a week of moisture (from a rain down to just being misty) sure made the grass really take off.

Yeah we've been needing to mow at least once a week. Doesn't mean we actually have, but we've needed to. Then it tossed a belt last week halfway through which didn't help any either.

I was going to use my weed eater, but I forgot it at the house

Went to run mine yesterday, one had no fuel.... Used it in the snowblower go figure. Ran the one that had fuel, until it ran out of string and fuel. That's what I get for not being prepared I guess. Now if I can find my 2 stroke oil somewhere.....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yeah we've been needing to mow at least once a week. Doesn't mean we actually have, but we've needed to. Then it tossed a belt last week halfway through which didn't help any either.

Went to run mine yesterday, one had no fuel.... Used it in the snowblower go figure. Ran the one that had fuel, until it ran out of string and fuel. That's what I get for not being prepared I guess. Now if I can find my 2 stroke oil somewhere.....
Fortunately, I still have the old fashioned kind that you plug in and drag around an extension cord. My two properties aren't all that big. I can reach everything with 150' of cord. Kind of a PITA, but I gave $35 for my last one and it lasted for 8-9 years. I can't complain about that. This $35 one? I'll just have to see.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I haven't ponied up for a gas powered one yet. If I do, it will be for a Stihl. Now speaking of Stihls, I noticed that I'm going to have to get some chainsaw gas here soon. I have some tree trimming that needs to be done. I also have to remove a couple of cedar trees even though I really hate cutting down trees in this Part of the state. They are being overgrown by the other trees next to them and need to come out. Plus it will make mowing easier too. And the list gets longer.:dunno

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't ponied up for a gas powered one yet. If I do, it will be for a Stihl. Now speaking of Stihls, I noticed that I'm going to have to get some chainsaw gas here soon. I have some tree trimming that needs to be done. I also have to remove a couple of cedar trees even though I really hate cutting down trees in this Part of the state. They are being overgrown by the other trees next to them and need to come out. Plus it will make mowing easier too. And the list gets longer.:dunno
Get them milled and make something from them!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Get them milled and make something from them!
They're not big enough to mess with. You can see one in this picture. Compare it to the storage shed close to it. They're both still about the same size. The two large ones will be staying for now. They're big enough to trim the lower branches off and walk underneath.

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 83 has been parked for a few months, gave her a bath then did some mechanical stuff.

Installed a NOS Motorcraft headlight switch, instrument lense cover and new headlight pigtails..hi-low beam switch too

Found an old still in box 80’s saddleback seat cover and threw it in, trying to keep anything on the truck somewhat period correct, was happy and about to go for a cruise and she got fussy...

After that went to start it and the glow plug controller stuck on, so installed a new one...Had already done the relay and have new glow plugs, that dang controller had only lasted 4 years (20k miles).

Fuel is 6 months old and heavily treated with K80 and copious amounts of ATF, lol. Going to burn through both tanks and put fresh diesel in...prices aren’t the lowest right now for diesel though at around 2.50/gal, at least we don’t have truck payments!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online