So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I think that's exactly what you have there. You may have to have that cylinder sleeved before it can be rebuilt. There could be a lot of damage to the cylinder wall.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I modded the fuel filter/pump mount so I could bolt it to the frame instead of the bed. I also hadn’t touched a welder since last summer so I felt a little good seeing that I can still make stuff stick together.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Well since this is the internet, SOMEONE is obligated to harass your welding.....
Did Ray Charles weld that with his feet? It'll never hold, I know because I know a guy who knows a guy who has a friend of a friend who is a welder.... LOL

Looks pretty good to me! Are you going to post a shot after it's mounted? I'm curious.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since this is the internet, SOMEONE is obligated to harass your welding.....
Did Ray Charles weld that with his feet? It'll never hold, I know because I know a guy who knows a guy who has a friend of a friend who is a welder.... LOL

Looks pretty good to me! Are you going to post a shot after it's mounted? I'm curious.
Thank you man I really needed a reality check LOL
I would’ve taken a better picture but I had diesel in my armpit and my couch was really calling my name.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol I hate how people who dont even have welders or have ever welded or are second hand welders pop off me personally that it a good weld itllhold a lot more than ya think also a good looking weld dosent always mean it'll hold

Yeah that's why I stopped sharing stuff lol. I get decent welds with my flux core, but they don't look like TIG welds so everyone says they're garbage. They hold what I need :dunno

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's why I stopped sharing stuff lol. I get decent welds with my flux core, but they don't look like TIG welds so everyone says they're garbage. They hold what I need :dunno
That’s my thing too, you have somebody that follows 6 welding accounts on Instagram judging you when they don’t even know where to put the ground.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I hate how people who dont even have welders or have ever welded or are second hand welders pop off me personally that it a good weld itllhold a lot more than ya think also a good looking weld dosent always mean it'll hold

thank you, I kinda surprised myself. I need to keep at it. I have really good equipment that I am always free to use and I never take advantage of it as much as I should.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That’s my thing too, you have somebody that follows 6 welding accounts on Instagram judging you when they don’t even know where to put the ground.
I once knew a guy who thought that he knew how to weld because he read a book on how to weld. He proved himself wrong the only time that I saw him try.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know the feeling I weld lots and I know I post a pic and someone stupid will pop off But at the end of the day it's going to hold looks decent and I'll trust it

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

I know the feeling, I was running flux core for years until I got a bottle to go gas. They might not be as pretty but the old welds I have done have all help up fine, including the ones were I cut down the drive shaft for my DT swap.

Now that I switched to gas I like that much better, I still have my old stick welder for any real heavy stuff the MIG cant do now.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
img_0182-png.134897

crunchy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.