So what did you do with your truck today?

firfyter

Reaction score
I repacked my front wheel bearings and put on some new brake pads just to be proactive. They are carbon semi metallic. Hope they live up to the hype. Topped off the fluids and getting ready to pull the camper 300 miles. Too bad fuel is going up in price. Darn Biden!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove the crap out of my truck. That seemed to stop the oil consumption. When I first got it, it had just been sitting for 10 years and then idled around for yard work. She needed some heat.

The engine in the truck was started like 7 years ago and sat before that, it was bought separate. I find around 2400rpm is a good shift point so its above 1500rpm in the next, 4th is 55mph at around 2400rpm.

Probably 75 percent of my driving is around town. I feel bad for it. About once a week I make sure to take it on a long drive, usually the freeway or something.

I am trying to run her 160 miles back and forth once month currently, but things keep braking when I do so. I am trying to manage rual routes between 45-55, unsure of 65 at a little under 3000rpm. Today it is the vacuum pump that locked and snaped a belt, a part that could not be replaced. So had to make it work, ripped the ufo off where cut the nub and shock broken bits out then added oil. So made it 110 miles and had to back track for a belt, then make my way back so can wait on a new one. The wire I used did not stay put for long, something was better than nothing.

:(

You must be registered for see images attach

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn Biden!
Be careful seems to be some sensitive people around here but to be honest I have lots of friends on the oil field layed off for the Rona then the rest we're layed off 2 weeks ago after the shutdown of the keystone pipeline and the shutdown of all leases that's wife's and children who might lose their homes and lifestyles because of this

rhythim

Reaction score
Put in the new p/s pump and hoses, Racor 10 micron water separator, changed the oil, fuel filter, air filter and vacuumed it out. All ready to start hauling mulch, dirt, and gravel for Spring property maintenance.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I drove an hour an half and back to buy some spare doors since they were cheap.....well...... I see why they were cheap. They had the "premium delux bondo package". To put it plainly, the whole truck was banged up, bondoed, and then everything was over sprayed with paint. All the windows, mirrors, handles, and trim were poorly over sprayed bright blue.......YUP.....I didn't buy them. I wish the guy would have mentioned this, and also that they didn't close right-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss

Rock

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove an hour an half and back to buy some spare doors since they were cheap.....well...... I see why they were cheap. They had the "premium delux bondo package". To put it plainly, the whole truck was banged up, bondoed, and then everything was over sprayed with paint. All the windows, mirrors, handles, and trim were poorly over sprayed bright blue.......YUP.....I didn't buy them. I wish the guy would have mentioned this, and also that they didn't close right-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss

Rock
At least you got a nice drive out of it

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could not find reason to get a new vacuum pump, so went without it and a 2.5in shorter belt as past burners posts say works. So with that sorted did manage to compleat the run to the house.

Think it will be 4 scopes next time, got some of a driveway now and I dont know what is up with the gardge door.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for some 4.10 gears for my truck. I already have the gears for the front axle. I plan on just getting another rear end instead of swapping gears, I’ve been wanting to dig into an axle anyways.
I found a Free 10.25 about 10 minutes from my house, the guy doesn’t know if it’s a limited slip or what the ratio is, so I’m wondering if it’s worth a shot, it being free and all

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today, it is her making a paint job in the bay and making a puddle.

The major source of issue was here tho, a hose got cut so some sergry was done to save the situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online