So what did you do with your truck today?

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This does not have anything to do with my diesel...but bear with me...last Saturday...

So...the Girl and I are whizzing down I-81 in the Girl Truck towing a long utility trailer that has a tarp looking like a huge insect trap...I mean...if a whale had opened its mouth and yawned...it would have nuthin' on what this tarp had become...

We had just passed the New Market exit and she decides to stop and fix the thing. She already had 40 straps and tie downs on it and counting...we had a couple more. and there was a Rest Stop and it just seemed to be the thing to do at the time...

While manoeuvring for a parking spot we passed by a ford SD towing a small horse trailer and had ...unmistakably a HARLEY in the bed of the truck. Older scoot...

I let her brain out what to do and could not get my eyes off that bike...trying to figure out how to approach the other truck to ask for a quick looksee.

Well...as luck would have it the passenger side door opened and the guy came out and was walking toward me...

He came up and said that they had run outta fuel...I walked back and talked with the driver...he was on the phone with AAA and trying to work it out to get ...maybe 5 gallons in a can to get to the next truck stop...he said he was not getting anywhere with them...yet.

At first he was told that they would need to be towed and that the trailer would have to be left. Eventually it was worked out but for a while...the poor guy was stressed out.

I oogled the bike for a minute and then looked back and spotted a RAM that was parked that had a car hauler attached. I suggested asking that guy if he could help...both driver and passenger were hesitant so I said...hell...i'll ask him...so...I trot down there and wave so as to get the poor sleeping guys attention and he immediately gets on his phone...'bout that time the passenger walks up and I think...'well they got it handled'.

So I get back to our rig and She has it fixed up and is checking with me if it looks ok and we make a couple of adjustments...and the passenger says the RAM guy did not speak a lick of english and there were some strange symbols on his phone. I figure 'ok...eastern european'. no dice on the 5 gallons.

I tell the guys that we gotta go and wish them good luck with the road service company.

Well She and I get started and there is this nagging feeling I got...I tell Her about the guys and suggest we try to help 'em. She is enthusiastic about paying it forward so we go to the next exit and I jump out before she gets the truck stopped....(She hates when I do that) and I look in the store for a fuel can...all they have is a 2 gallon red can so I get it and squeeze as much as I can in it at 3.29 a gallon.

We haul it back and do a big circle to get back to where we were and those guys lit up when we showed up...gas can in hand.

I assure them it was diesel and gave it to 'em.

They said that the local contact for the Service Co. had called them and said he was sending his son with a 5 gallon jug of diesel so I imagine they got it sorted out and went on their way...

Part of the diesel truck brotherhood.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have got the bass boat a fair bit done and getting close to the point I can cristen her back on to water.
:joker:

Its down to nick nacks and the mount busings on the driver side, then can swap the engine for one cobbled together.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to tell Forrest Gump you took his mower.

I think you pick the wrong person out the line up. This one is closer, but still not the same.

You must be registered for see images attach

I dont think this one is it ether.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you pick the wrong person out the line up. This one is closer, but still not the same.

I dont think this one is it ether.
Do those say "comet" on the front? I really prefer craftsman/Husqvarna/poulan mowers, but snappers are classy nostalgic. The first picture has to be early 70s the second picture is 80s.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do those say "comet" on the front? I really prefer craftsman/Husqvarna/poulan mowers, but snappers are classy nostalgic. The first picture has to be early 70s the second picture is 80s.

This one dose have comet on the front, would like to find the seat pad for it but am probably going to have to make one my self. I like them since there small and easy to work on.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one dose have comet on the front, would like to find the seat pad for it but am probably going to have to make one my self. I like them since there small and easy to work on.

They almost as easy as our IDI trucks. I like the feel of driving over uneven ground with them, your butt goes one way and your hands and feet go the other way. Similar to a semi with an air ride cab, where you're going everywhere and the steering wheel stays stationary. And you can stand them up for storage which I imagine is a big deal for you long winter area type people.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They almost as easy as our IDI trucks. I like the feel of driving over uneven ground with them, your butt goes one way and your hands and feet go the other way. Similar to a semi with an air ride cab, where you're going everywhere and the steering wheel stays stationary. And you can stand them up for storage which I imagine is a big deal for you long winter area type people.

Being able to stand it on end is nice, since gives direct access to the blade and drive parts.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to find someone who could repair the hairline crack in my BW1356 transfer case drain plug boss. No luck. Nobody in this area will weld or braze magnesium... I suppose it could be stitch-locked with small threaded plugs?
I got it sealed up with proper cleaning and one of the Permatex aviation sealants, but that's a patch and it'd be a perfect time to fix it right now that the case is apart!