So what did you do with your truck today?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't do anything special. I just drove to pay someone to tell me how much the government stole from me last year. -cuss
We go down to the senior center and get it done for free. Getting a whole $29 back....

Haven`t taxed these yet... .. -Showtits probably an entertainment tax just around the corner....

Goat

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screwed around with Tank getting air in the tires. It's been sitting and a few of the tires were pretty low. Don't have my rear equalizers installed yet and have a hard time getting on the inner duals.

Then I hauled my old Cherokee to my buddy's house. He bought it because I have neither the time nor money to fix it up. We'll try to find something better when money isn't as tight.

Hopefully bringing my frame home next week. That'll give me plenty to mess with for a while. It's been sitting at work waiting for me to get around to taking the trailer up to get it.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to my parents house with Tank and the trailer to pick up moms car and figure out what the grinding and scrubbing noise was.

Today I pulled the wheel off and found the problem!

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I hate bonded shoes! Drums are still serviceable so just shoes and hardware. Need to replace a broken rear coil spring too and one wheel bearing is getting ready to go out. The car is only a 2012 how is that 11 years old already??? LOL

Happy Easter everyone!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I hate bonded shoes!
Back in the mid 90's one of the riveted brake pads on the front of my 75 F150 came off while I was driving around town. I had no choice but to keep driving it until I got back home. It's not just bonded ones. It just happens more often.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the mid 90's one of the riveted brake pads on the front of my 75 F150 came off while I was driving around town. I had no choice but to keep driving it until I got back home. It's not just bonded ones. It just happens more often.

That's fair. I've only seen it twice and both times on bonded shoes though.

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This last weekend I took a trip down to my folks’ place with the trailer. Nice 3k load there and back.

Truck ran great! No issues. Oil cooler is still not leaking fingers crossed. Only thing I noticed is that my coolant temp would get up to 205-210 while cruising at 65-70 on an aftermarket gauge, probe installed in the port in front of the head on the drivers side.

Is that something to be worried about? I seem to be finding all sorts of mixed information on a safe temp for this truck. I never heard the fan kick on, and it would cool down to 190 if I stopped to idle for a few minutes.

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALSO:

The fast idle solenoid is no good so I pulled the one off my ‘93 parts truck. Turns out, the brackets are slightly different and the ‘93 solenoid won’t push the metering valve forward at all. Oh well, nothing the channel locks couldn’t fix. I now have a nice 1100rpm fast idle.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Turns out, the brackets are slightly different and the ‘93 solenoid won’t push the metering valve forward at all.
There's two adjustments here. One, you can loosen the mounting bolts slightly and pivot the top of the solenoid toward the back of the truck to bring it closer to the spot it's supposed to touch. Two, you can take an open end 1/4" wrench and turn the hex part in or out to get some difference in idle speed. That is more like a fine adjustment and may not be enough to change your idle speed much. Your method works as well.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my fuel filter decided to start leaking out the bottom today as I was leaving work. It's a one piece filter. I tried tightening it running and it started leaking worse? I shut it off and tightened the drain again and it was down to barely a drip (when running) so I scooted home. Guess I'm ordering a couple filters today, no clue how old the one on Diego is either but I haven't replaced it since I've owned it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7