So what did you do with your truck today?

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes sense, even though I just responded to someone having difficulties who posted in the tech section. hacked89 I think you are right, they should not have posted there. But again you’re right they might not know any better…

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
@snicklas / guys, what do we think about locking the idi tech articles so only a mod can move a post there? And no one can create posts there? There’s now 10+ threads in that forum that shouldn’t be there. I can’t blame new people that don’t know better.
Let me look into being able to do that... and I will go in and move out what doesn't belong. Give me a day or so.....

92LongBed

Reaction score
spent the last week, chasing fuel leaks and air intrusions after our coldest winter, locale SC we had some below 10 degree days and my truck wasn't being used so I think some things started to crack, truck had only been in texas and warm climates prior.

replaced FSV as mine was full of diesel and front tank was filling back tank, replaced fuel return lines on injectors and a few other hoses to the fuel pump and down from engine block.

got the truck running again, still have a stalling issue but i'll button that up this week once i test my mech fuel pump to see if it is giving me good PSI. gonna delete fuel heater core as well.

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the weather has been a bit dicey around here the last few days i decided to venture into uncharted territory and tackle the rear brakes on my 91. I have not had a working E-brake for about the last 4 months and I noticed an oil leak on the drivers side axle a couple weeks ago. I had the rear brakes done last year at a supposed reputable shop but after I had to bring it back to them 2 days after they did the work because one side was dragging I was questioning my decision. I know stuff happens so I carried on. Fast forward to now, the time had come,I figured ,to learn all about drum brakes. reluctantly. The drivers side with the oil seal leak was a nasty oily mess that obviously has been going on for some time. no braking happening there for sure. The passenger side was not much better, an assortment of hardware fell out upon removal of the drum. I ended up replacing both sets of shoes, oil seal on the drivers side, and all brake hardware. Shoes were the Napa "Fleet" series,O'Reillys came through with a very complete kit of all the hardware needed for the job. It even came with new rubber plugs to access the adjustment wheel. Went with the Scotseal for the axle oil seal. After all said and done I would not have waited so long. This thing has never stopped this good!Its was not a quick fix but I darn sure feel confident that I understand how the system works and can cut quite a bit of time off(learning curve). I am very thankful for this forum and its wealth of knowledge!

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I ended up having to daily drive the IDI since last Wednesday since the 5.4 blew another plug:smash:.....
I've got plans for that truck though, since I like the truck but not so much the drivetrain.
Anyhow, the old IDI has been great under the circumstances. I planned on going through it before daily driving it, but didn't have a chance. So tonight after work I replaced the glow plugs, changed all the filters and oil, and made up a new cord for the block heater. She shouldn't complain so much in the morning now,lol.
I was impressed though, how it actually started with like 3 working glow plugs and no heater in this weather we had last week. Lot of wind chills.

Rock

Black dawg

Reaction score
I ended up having to daily drive the IDI since last Wednesday since the 5.4 blew another plug:smash:.....
I've got plans for that truck though, since I like the truck but not so much the drivetrain.
Anyhow, the old IDI has been great under the circumstances. I planned on going through it before daily driving it, but didn't have a chance. So tonight after work I replaced the glow plugs, changed all the filters and oil, and made up a new cord for the block heater. She shouldn't complain so much in the morning now,lol.
I was impressed though, how it actually started with like 3 working glow plugs and no heater in this weather we had last week. Lot of wind chills.

Rock
On the 5.4, is this a plug that you already repaired?

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Farmer Rock

Your new soon to be DD looks like the perfect light duty pickup. It’d be all I ever need!

Why would you go through the effort of swapping the military box on when it looks like the perfect addition to a great pickup?

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally fired Wally, been sitting since week before Christmas. Was sunny and 30F. One cycle of the GP’s and it took right off!!

Moved it to a new location and leveled it up as it’s my new cave when on nights. The kids no longer share a bedroom.

Took it down the highway to get some heat in it. The air intrusion issue did not fix itself on a hard climb.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I had some running around to do so I took the truck and trailer to a car wash to wash the beds out to get ready for my trip to Texas later this week. Because this was probably the worst car wash that I've bene to, I only managed to get the truck bed washed out. The good thing is that the trailer only has some dirt and crap left over from hauling firewood in it so the local car wash that usually doesn't have hot water or soap will do just fine.

Attachments

• 102_3817.JPG
    102_3817.JPG
    296.5 KB · Views: 15

JohnLeePettimore

Reaction score
Let me look into being able to do that... and I will go in and move out what doesn't belong. Give me a day or so.....
That makes sense, even though I just responded to someone having difficulties who posted in the tech section. hacked89 I think you are right, they should not have posted there. But again you’re right they might not know any better…

I'm assuming I'm an offender. Wheres the correct place to ask questions? I can delete my threads to unclutter the tech section if need be. I apologize if so

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some running around to do so I took the truck and trailer to a car wash to wash the beds out to get ready for my trip to Texas later this week. Because this was probably the worst car wash that I've bene to, I only managed to get the truck bed washed out. The good thing is that the trailer only has some dirt and crap left over from hauling firewood in it so the local car wash that usually doesn't have hot water or soap will do just fine.
You need to pick up a Hotsy Hot Water pressure washer. I found one on CL for $750, one owner. Then dropped it off at the Hotsy dealer in Reno to have it checked over. You need the hot water VS cold water to get the grease/oil off.

When I had a JJJob, Dang that is a dirty work...:puke:
They had a Hot Water washer, for the back hoes, Graders, Dump truck`s etc... even cleaned up the Chain saws and even my own vehicles, and junk I dragged home from PNP.

Use to be the $0.25 car washes use to have hot water/soap, last summer used the one here in town, and only cold water.

I like your front Plate. have a hat like that got from Republican Dogs.com

Goat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online