So what did you do with your truck today?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of siding for my shed I'm building. Nothing fancy, but dang wood is still pricey right now.

You know what I think of people who do deletes? Scared of emissions. Same with the guys who would take their fuel injection off of their chevys and carburate them. Scared of wiring haha

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been so busy doing 50 hour weeks I've neglected my truck....

I did u joints last weekend, but only because I absolutely had to for work.

Today my front left caliper started knocking, its super loose and the guide pins had fallen out.

Looks like I'll be doing my brakes this coming weekend.

I plan on doing my transmission on my 4.9 then once it's reliable, parking the ol' 7.3 IDI. Hopefully once I park it I can start disassembly and fix some major stuff.

Never-Have-I-Ether

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After approximately four years with a slow leaking oil cooler, the undercarriage rust proofing process is now complete, so I installed a new cooler & gaskets. Actually notice a difference in oil pressure.
Passive restoration. It's kinda like "Christine" but slower and less deadly.

Edit: if you don't know what Christine is, it's a Steven King novel where a really ugly Plymouth Fury fixes itself up and kills people........kinda stupid...... reeaaaalllly ugly car.

Last edited:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been so busy doing 50 hour weeks I've neglected my truck....

I did u joints last weekend, but only because I absolutely had to for work.

Today my front left caliper started knocking, its super loose and the guide pins had fallen out.

Looks like I'll be doing my brakes this coming weekend.

I plan on doing my transmission on my 4.9 then once it's reliable, parking the ol' 7.3 IDI. Hopefully once I park it I can start disassembly and fix some major stuff.

Never-Have-I-Ether
This sounds like me, I'm playing musical automobiles too. I fix a little on the bronco so I can drive it, I fix a little on K.I.T.T. so my wife can drive it, I gave up on the dually to concentrate on the tow truck so I can drive it and then redirect efforts to everything else........uggggg.......cheeper than a car payment........a have the titles in my safe.......and not a repoman in sight...... don't you looovvvvee our old stuff!!!

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds like me, I'm playing musical automobiles too. I fix a little on the bronco so I can drive it, I fix a little on K.I.T.T. so my wife can drive it, I gave up on the dually to concentrate on the tow truck so I can drive it and then redirect efforts to everything else........uggggg.......cheeper than a car payment........a have the titles in my safe.......and not a repoman in sight...... don't you looovvvvee our old stuff!!!
I did the math and to completely rebuild a f250, engine, transmission, every single darn bushing and bearing, your looking at no more than 10-15k. That includes paint and a turbo kit. I'm still saving up for that. I got $150 towards it so far:Thumbs Up

Never-Have-I-Ether

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the math and to completely rebuild a f250, engine, transmission, every single darn bushing and bearing, your looking at no more than 10-15k. That includes paint and a turbo kit. I'm still saving up for that. I got $150 towards it so far:Thumbs Up

Never-Have-I-Ether
Cheaper than a new truck. If you want to "feel" like you have a truck payment, pawn the title to fund the rebuild.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Say what? I thought that was just Commifornia......

Never-Have-I-Ether
I'm just quoting the conspiracy theory guys. The "world economic forum" had a meeting and decided our dino-powered toys gotta go....... just before they got in their individual private jets and used more fuel than I do in a year.

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just quoting the conspiracy theory guys. The "world economic forum" had a meeting and decided our dino-powered toys gotta go....... just before they got in their individual private jets and used more fuel than I do in a year.
Never heard that one. The WEF, and WHO though arrrre sketchyyyyyyy.

Never-Have-I-Ether

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online