So what did you do with your truck today?

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, bought a new truck the other week so finally got some time to bring it in the shop and do a slew of neglected maintenance items for it. Going to start a thread soon just because it’s a turbo 7.3 and some of the stuff is all new to me. Sold my 86 6.9 to my dad and the new truck is a 92 F250 with a 7.3. Automatic transmission, 4.10 gears, 4x4, with a banks sidewinder installed around 12,000 miles after rolling off the dealer lot. It’s a grandpas truck and came with a lot of paperwork. Looks like he cared for it very well but in recent years suffered poor health and the poor truck was neglected and it shows in regular maintenance.

Anyways, doing valve cover gaskets today which driver side is a real PIA but beer helps. Cheers fellers! :cheers:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 11

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried looking but I didn't see a definitive statement. So could any of y'all recommend the a 3G alternator install thread. I need a "meat and taters" explanation on what wires go where. I didn't want to start another thread knowing that there's already one out there. And HEY!, I'm gonna start a "tow truck adventure thread" soon, she's almost ready. Thanks, Oil Burners!!!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried looking but I didn't see a definitive statement. So could any of y'all recommend the a 3G alternator install thread. I need a "meat and taters" explanation on what wires go where. I didn't want to start another thread knowing that there's already one out there. And HEY!, I'm gonna start a "tow truck adventure thread" soon, she's almost ready. Thanks, Oil Burners!!!
Look at the fairly recent thread titled "Charging Glitch... I hate electrical issues". Catbird put up a good picture of a wiring diagram for the 3G wiring.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old girl was gifted a rack up grade that gose with the visor...

You must be registered for see images

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just had to go rescue the 22 year old kid that I work with I had to pull his 200 Durango out of some mud. All I could think was "we're in a year+ long drought and you just HAD to find some mud? He was stuck out at the City Pond (lake by name only). When I got there, I told him "NEVER, NEVER drive where there's cattails growing. It may be dry enough to walk on, but there's water underneath. They grow where it's usually wet." On the plus side, the only time I felt any tug was when I was slipping the clutch to tighten up the chain. After I let out the clutch, I couldn't feel anything at all. He was stuck up to the frame. Apparently a Durango sunk to it's frame doesn't mean much to a IDI in 4lo.
Ahh, sometimes I miss highschool.

Attachments

• B26143D1-8227-4743-864E-EDB442D633BC.jpeg
    B26143D1-8227-4743-864E-EDB442D633BC.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 12
  • 06FEBDAC-4A9E-4A8E-8041-52FDC396AB23.jpeg
    06FEBDAC-4A9E-4A8E-8041-52FDC396AB23.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 12

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, sometimes I miss highschool.
I'm about to start living my tow truck ownership fantasy. This is a picture of one of my contractors trucks a week ago......... you think they could wait a couple more weeks for when my truck is ready!

Attachments

• media-1660437961880-Aug_13_2022_08_00.jpg
    media-1660437961880-Aug_13_2022_08_00.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 10

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I fell in love with my truck all over again today.
Background: at work, we build spiral staircases. My boss delivers most of them. His delivery truck is a '19 or '20 Dodge crew cab, long bed with a Cummins. Right after he bought it, an aftermarket exhaust showed up and sat in our shop for 5-6 months so I knew what he was going to do. Recently, he had another guy put the exhaust on it so I knew that he'd FINALLY decided to delete and tune it. This morning, he showed up with a trailer on the back of his '15 Chevy half ton, short bed DD truck. We loaded two stairs on the trailer. Then I had to poke him a little bit so I said that the bed looked a little bit short on this one. He told me that the batteries in his Dodge kept going dead and he had to call the guy who tuned and deleted it. All I could think was "God I LOVE my IDI!"
So, yes, I fell in love with my truck all over again!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I redid the fuel return lines on the tow truck. O rings, rubber hoses, and such. I also put a new starter on it. The starter I pulled off had been in fire before, that's why it was sluggish! Some of that abuse that Nero mentioned that kills starters. Sooooo....as soon as I buy 10 or 15 gallons of diesel I can fire it up and start testing my new fuel system. As long as it checks out on some test drives, I'll transfer tag and insurance and she'll be my driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online