So what did you do with your truck today?

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe IDIBronco mentioned his had a special clamp that would go on that injector fitting you zip tied to. Then the transducer cable attached to that clamp.

From the pic it appears you have zip tied the transducer cable connector directly against the injector fitting.

DTI does not show an adapter/clamp big enough to clamp where the Rotunda did. So the mystery continues. But good to know the clamp may not be necessary.
The only thing to note is that it needs to contact the brass ring only. If the connector contacts the steel portion of the adapter, it would ground out the signal and not work.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I believe IDIBronco mentioned his had a special clamp that would go on that injector fitting you zip tied to. Then the transducer cable attached to that clamp.
Not mine. The one that we had at the shop where I used to work. It looked something like a small, black, micrometer. The meter was exactly like mine is. Mine just doesn't have that attachment.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Did a handful of stuff today...
Did the fuel heater delete and fuel return line delete at the filter head on my dad's '89 crew cab, and replaced my center rear view mirror on my' 90 crew
Used a Gentex-177 out of a late 90' suburban. Even wired in the temp sensor to the side of the core support. Super nice.
You must be registered for see images attach

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I sold "ole blue" yesterday morning

I'm gonna miss that truck, it always did me good and I've been racking up miles on it everyday for the last year with little trouble.
The guy who bought was very happy with the truck, and I was happy it's going to be taken care of, but the only downside of this deal, is that my crew cab's bed still isn't mounted and I need the truck tomorrow for work.
This is how the crew cab sits now, bed is mocked up and my neighbor is helping me out a ton with this since my welding machines aren't up to the task here.
The truck is far from pretty, but it'll do the job.

After I get it on the road this week, I have to do a clutch job and eventually add the turbo kit and tires.

Rock

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a crew cab something fierce. I have cab envy. :cry: 3 kiddos and trying for a 4th...the wife won't even consider squeezing into our extended cab with the car seats right now.

Hey if it gets the job done...there aren't style points anyway. LOL
Keep up the good work Rock!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
After I get it on the road this week, I have to do a clutch job and eventually add the turbo kit and tires.
Did you get in a slight hurry to get rid of the other truck?
For me: I have yet to have that line work on any super models!
For the truck: I always say that I can't see what the truck looks like when I'm driving it!

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
I need a crew cab something fierce. I have cab envy. :cry: 3 kiddos and trying for a 4th...the wife won't even consider squeezing into our extended cab with the car seats right now.

Keep up the good work Rock!
The crew cab is well worth the hunt, but I will say the turning radius absolutely sucks....
Halfway through a really wide turn, it just seems as if it's still going straight..lol.
I am actually disappointed with the turning radius for what I do, but eventually I'll figure something out to improve that.
I sure am glad there's no style points, if there were I'd be at -10......

Rock

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well,not really but I made a deal with the guy a month ago, assuming my crew cab would be ready by now. Let's just say I have been short on time.

Rock

I feel that. This crap weather sure isn't helping. We're supposed to have 2-4" of "S" word by tomorrow night....,..

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
After almost 4 hours of mostly tracing wires, I sorted out through the rats nest on the bed and started wiring in the lights..
I used a 4 flat trailer harness as the harness plug for the bed..
I have to remove the bed tomorrow to finish the mounts, so I wanted a plug on the harness..
The lights have independent grounds, so I ran the reverse lights,marker lights,left turn, and right turn through the plug. Works well, and lights are all done and working..
I forgot to take a picture of the clearance lights.

Rock

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
I spent 10 hours working on the bed today. It's all done, and I couldn't have done it without my neighbor. the bed had to come of 3 times, and I had to drill six 1/2 inch holes in the frame which took up most of the afternoon.. I hauled firewood with it today, and the best part was starting out at a light loaded,(1 ton on truck), there was a Cummins guy behind me rolling coal and jumping around in my mirror like a flea on a farm dog..(you know the type)....the light turns green and he's doing clutch drops while I'm still in 1st gear putting along. I got sick of the idiot, so I floored it, and gave him some of his own medicine.....he left me alone after that,lol . So much nicer than the pickup bed. I can't wait to mount my triangle toolbox and jobox so I can get all the tools out of the cab.
It rides nicer than my dad's Lincoln town car, with the 1k pound flatbed on it.
The clutch is starting to slip real bad. I think the rear main seal is leaking on to it, because there's oil all over.......

Rock