So what did you do with your truck today?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying this out. I mostly use this truck with the car hauler and I can never see anything. I love the view I get right through the windscreen. Meanwhile I'm surrounded by dodge pickups with no trailer hitch but massive tow mirrors haha. I still can't decide if I hate my cheap Amazon mirrors. They look like exactly what I paid for them haha.

Made good progress towards getting lifters changed, but got distracted with my minivan, it needs so much

Attachments

• 20220319_182415.jpg
    20220319_182415.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 17

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll bet those are a delight in a parking lot! LOL
Sometimes I use this truck to run errands (well not since fuel prices changed haha) and I have learned there are no parking spaces this limousine fits in anyway, so I park far away (my fat ass could use the exercise hahah) anyway.

I do wonder if I'll accidentally mirror slap any of the million bicyclists that terrorize the roads around here.

Also is this the right unit to convert to hydroboost?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220319-201024_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220319-201024_eBay.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 8

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have learned there are no parking spaces this limousine fits in anyway, so I park far away (my fat ass could use the exercise hahah) anyway.
I know that I could use the exercise too. My Blue Truck isn't terribly fun to park either. The D50 front end doesn't make it exactly easy to swing into and out of parking spaces so I park a long ways out. I've honestly done this for probably close to 30 years. There's always plenty of open spots way out in the back 40 of the parking lot and I don't have the patience to drive around and try to find the closest spot. I just want to drive up, get out, and go inside. The only time that my plan was 20 or so years back when I was dating a gal who had a young son. She always drove after the one time that I parked out there. Her excuse was that she didn't want to make her son walk that far. So she'd drive completely insane circling the parking lot for 10 minutes trying to park next to the door. My only thought (unspoken of course) was "Lady, he's 4 years old. He can walk 200 feet to the door and it won't kill him!"

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have learned there are no parking spaces this limousine fits in anyway, so I park far away (my fat ass could use the exercise hahah) anyway.

A 71 f250 2wd I had and the f100 I have now dont have a lot of steering angle, the f100 is worse now that I had the diff welded. It becomes a drag now trying sharp turns, its a fair trade for always rosting a tire with a open one. The f350 clone with the king pin d60 is no better at steering, so yea its backing in or parralel parking in a bunch of spaces for me.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front end alignmened i-bushing bearing and seals changed freah stock tires and of course with all that n a final bank payment in search of a gear box since my steering wheel has a small bit of slack in it and also debadge the truck so my bed can me took off to be either rihino or X lined

TygreII

Reaction score
Replaced the return fuel lines at the top of the engine. Nicked the fuel line that leads to the tank with my knife. It looks like a plastic line with a rubber outside. Is that just mine or is it OEM? Going to have to replace it back to the metal line.:mad:

Why is there a spacer at the top of the #1 injector?
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Replaced the return fuel lines at the top of the engine. Nicked the fuel line that leads to the tank with my knife. It looks like a plastic line with a rubber outside. Is that just mine or is it OEM? Going to have to replace it back to the metal line.:mad:

Why is there a spacer at the top of the #1 injector?
You must be registered for see images attach
That "spacer" is a timing adapter. It's where you're "supposed" to get the pulse signal from when timing a 7.3.
What part of your return line did you nick with a knife? If it's the plastic part then probably yes you will have to. If it's just the rubber part between the engine and the plastic part, I've replaced those before. Just CAREFULLY slice the rubber away from the plastic part. Then replace it with some more rubber fuel line. I always installed a clamp to make sure that the rubber part sealed to the plastic, but have never had a leak doing that. You can also make the new rubber line a little bit longer than factory so that you can remove it from the engine more times than you ca the stock one. The easiest way to remove the rubber from the engine is to cut it loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online