So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Confused... usually upholstry shops will cut/make replacement foam if the original is shot... seen it done several times.

Yeah I wasn't very happy that he didn't seem to care.

I was given some nice van seats so whatever. But if you literally advertise custom interiors, why can't you fix the one I have?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't very happy that he didn't seem to care.

I was given some nice van seats so whatever. But if you literally advertise custom interiors, why can't you fix the one I have?
Because like so many other things these days, it’s easy to type up “I do custom work” than it used to be to hang a legitimate physical sign over your door advertising your craft.

I would look for somebody who advertises marine upholstery, and at a very minimum ask them if they have a sewing machine and a foam cutting knife. Those guys typically have to do everything from scratch because of the interior shape of most boats.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because like so many other things these days, it’s easy to type up “I do custom work” than it used to be to hang a legitimate physical sign over your door advertising your craft.

I would look for somebody who advertises marine upholstery, and at a very minimum ask them if they have a sewing machine and a foam cutting knife. Those guys typically have to do everything from scratch because of the interior shape of most boats.

Honestly I think he's way past retirement and just too broke to close up shop. I think he didn't want to take on the project. The guy looks like he's in his 70s or older. I think he's been doing it forever and probably wouldn't have had any trouble with it 20-30 years ago.

I just wasn't very happy with the way it played out because he's basically like no I'm not doing that.

I understand, and it's his right to turn it down, just left a bad taste in my mouth is all.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Today, I gave Shrek a little attention.
Changed out that rotella oil for some good ole' Valvoline.
Air filter
Fuel filter with some atf
Swapped out tach sensor
Replaced a few fuel lines, and went for a drive.

Rock

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Rock: I really like the brush guard on you crew cab, but I'm on the fence on the "all chrome" bumper. A newer style OBS bumper with the black trim and cutouts will make that front end look completely different. Just a thought. In any case: I love the green ;Sweet

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
Hey Rock: I really like the brush guard on you crew cab, but I'm on the fence on the "all chrome" bumper. A newer style OBS bumper with the black trim and cutouts will make that front end look completely different. Just a thought. In any case: I love the green ;Sweet
Thanks, I may end up installing the cutouts in this bumper at some point. I feel like there is not much air flow going in to the engine bay anyway, just by looking at it.

Rock

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I may end up installing the cutouts in this bumper at some point. I feel like there is not much air flow going in to the engine bay anyway, just by looking at it.

Rock
I’ve got the same bumper, minus the brush guard. I’ve got a rough idea on doing some sort of cut out, but a little different than the factory ones. Maybe with some expanded metal or some woven wire mesh. It’s pretty low on the list of projects right now.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some shenanigans my car is in need of a transmission pan so I had to tow it home lol

Attachments

• 669B7917-E836-4203-B7BA-F8417C347E60.jpeg
    669B7917-E836-4203-B7BA-F8417C347E60.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 16

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
I pulled the running boards and hub caps off the crew cab this afternoon to check things out and prepare for swapping out the fenders. Unfortunately the running boards were worse off than I figured. It appears somebody tried to "fix" them by way over tightening everything and cracking most all of the fiberglass where it mounts. And the brackets all need replaced. I didn't realize this until today, and I am leaving them off at this point. It's probably not a bad thing since they would've just got busted hauling cattle around.

Wednesday, I sold the old t19 out of the 87' and all the parts needed to swap out an auto to a local guy with a 90' CC drw. Then picked up a good factory turbo kit from Chambersburg to put on my crew cab. I'm really excited about that, but I am going to have to wait a little while and do a clutch job first. I would feel real stupid if I went and put the turbo on then my clutch goes out,lol.

Rock

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the running boards and hub caps off the crew cab this afternoon to check things out and prepare for swapping out the fenders. Unfortunately the running boards were worse off than I figured. It appears somebody tried to "fix" them by way over tightening everything and cracking most all of the fiberglass where it mounts. And the brackets all need replaced. I didn't realize this until today, and I am leaving them off at this point. It's probably not a bad thing since they would've just got busted hauling cattle around.

Wednesday, I sold the old t19 out of the 87' and all the parts needed to swap out an auto to a local guy with a 90' CC drw. Then picked up a good factory turbo kit from Chambersburg to put on my crew cab. I'm really excited about that, but I am going to have to wait a little while and do a clutch job first. I would feel real stupid if I went and put the turbo on then my clutch goes out,lol.

Rock
Looks good without the running boards, but I think it probably needs hub caps.

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
Looks good without the running boards, but I think it probably needs hub caps.
I was tossing around the idea of some stock Alcoa rims. I don't know though, I like that the steel rims don't get so dirty. I'm probably going to throw the hubcaps back on, but I just wanted to check everything out. Here's a picture with the hub caps on and no running boards.

Rock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online