So what did you do with your truck today?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, I bolted the anti-gravity drive to the PTO on the transfer case. Seems to work well up to about 4000ft. I'll have to install the on-board oxygen next week before attempting 10000ft.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah, I wish...but it was another nice afternoon up on the mountain. Not another vehicle in sight and plenty of great views. Patchy clouds and even had a moderate snow shower in full sunlight. I tried several times to find a spot on the road to get that tongue in cheek photo up there. The drop-off is pretty steep but most of them still had some trees to spoil the joke.

In less than 2 hours, it was foggy and snowing as the clouds closed in. Crazy how fast the weather can change up there.

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had an eventful round up so far. Blew a u joint going up to a lake. Dumped my brother and his horse off with another rig and limped back to camp. Spent the whole while back trying to figure out a klunk I was hearing. Dropped trailer and headed tob town. Klunk turned out to be my driver rear wheel trying to come off. Lug nuts was finger loose. Had my impact gun with a dead battery and no wrench and jack in the other truck. I had gotten new tires from big o and they had left the cap for the front on but put it on back so it wouldn't suck down and mate;Pissed I only had to stop 10 times going to town before I finally got her sucked down. Had to drive on top of an old tractor starter. Throe my shoeing anvil with a pipe under the axle then slide off the starter to get it off the ground. Then using a socket and vice grips I would tighten. What a joke.

Attachments

• 20211007_104735_HDR.jpg
    20211007_104735_HDR.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And pics of pretty mountains my horse with the bit we bent tipping over on a tree and a mountain lion tree I got out of the rain under.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had an eventful round up so far. Blew a u joint going up to a lake. Dumped my brother and his horse off with another rig and limped back to camp. Spent the whole while back trying to figure out a klunk I was hearing. Dropped trailer and headed tob town. Klunk turned out to be my driver rear wheel trying to come off. Lug nuts was finger loose. Had my impact gun with a dead battery and no wrench and jack in the other truck. I had gotten new tires from big o and they had left the cap for the front on but put it on back so it wouldn't suck down and mate;Pissed I only had to stop 10 times going to town before I finally got her sucked down. Had to drive on top of an old tractor starter. Throe my shoeing anvil with a pipe under the axle then slide off the starter to get it off the ground. Then using a socket and vice grips I would tighten. What a joke.
I like the ingenuity to be able to get it done! That reminds me that I took out my socket and driver from my tool bag and haven't replaced it yet...
I keep the stock tire iron under the hood but it doesn't really get on those rear lugs. Only goes halfway down them. Good enough for your situation but not for actually changing a tire. Which reminds me that my jack is broken too... :frustrate

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
after being burned like you and having a wheel come off I was trying to keep tight, I have learned to keep a 4 way lug wrench in my vehicle. For a bonus I put a zip tie on the size socket that fits my truck since I always guess wrong 3 times before I get it LOL

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do too. Same reason. Behind the seat.

I just sprayed some paint on only the correct socket.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
After I had one of those 4 ways round off three lug nuts while trying to change a flat tire, I refuse to use one of those things. I keep a large ratchet and the right sized socket in my truck.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After I had one of those 4 ways round off three lug nuts while trying to change a flat tire, I refuse to use one of those things. I keep a large ratchet and the right sized socket in my truck.

Really? I snapped a lug off my mother's car trying to use the factory lug wrench. Bought a 4 way and never had another problem.

But yeah, the tolerances aren't always very good....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That was back in the mid 90's. I don't remember where I got it at, but it probably didn't have the best tolerances. I still refuse to use them though.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I have noticed they are not all made the same, just like sockets, you can get some cheap ones that do that also. I personally like the extra leverage of the arms and after I break them loose I can swing the 4 way like a speed wrench to speed things up. Plus, now carrying one I have the right size for any of my 3 trailers or if I help someone else out.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. I tossed a 4-way wrench in the scrap bin once, for exactly that reason. The sockets on it were too shallow. Worthless.

But a good quality one is worth it's weight in gold.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
So it's been a while since I actually got anything done to the 87 due to work. Monday I had my dad helping me line up the zf5 under the truck. I bought a Horror freight tranny jack and things were going well until we thought it would be a good idea to put an impact on the jack to raise it faster..........well.....the problem with that is it also drops faster.........after 11 hours in the hospital (waiting mostly),my dad had a broken left hand, and they had to stick half his finger back on.. the jack came crashing down with his hand in the scissors! We are going to try again Saturday, but no more impact.
Yesterday, I got the new rear fuel tank in, then today wire brushed, primed, and beelined the rear half the truck before the bed gets slapped on. At least I got something done.

Rock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online