So what did you do with your truck today?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are filters? I know a tank of fuel is less than 2 filters on mine.

The single 33811 I have on at the moment is $10 and the 2 33377 I ordered where $15 a peice. If I was to just drain the tank, what is to say the sediments will leave with out filling and draining a few times? I dont see washing the tank out with water as a option since would be hard to get all the water out. Removing the tank would be a hole ordeal on its self do to how high the truck sits, also unsure if the strap bolt will come undone with out snapping. Adding some power service clear diesel and sacrificing a few filters seems to be a vaild option I have on the table.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. But I would do dieselkleen. At least 2 to 3 times the normal dosage.

And you don't have to fill the tank again, just go 1/4 to 1/2 a tank, run till empty a couple times, and have that gas can full of fuel ready, each time

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Removing water from a fuel tank isn't too difficult. There's products such as HEET that are made just to do this.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys and gals had a good holiday season! This year has been rough on all of us no matter our political, religious, or social affiliation. I’m hoping we can all hit the ground running and make 2021 our metaphorical b****. That’s all, have a great night.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I thought that the Blue Truck was feeling a little bit neglected, so we spent most of the day together. I decided to do some overdue PM. First, I got off my backside and finally replaced the brake master cylinder. Before I installed the "new" one, I used a paper towel and wiped out the booster where the old master had leaked brake fluid into it. Then I used about 3/4 of a bottle of drinking water and washed that same area out very well. Next, it was time to install a new air filter so I did that. Next up was replacing all of the steering linkages (except for the pitman arm). The linkages were solid yet, but there was a couple of rubber boots that had seem better days, long ago. I got that done and then did a tape measure alignment on it. I set the toe to about 1/8" toe in which is kind of my standard. I was also trying to track down a frustrating brake light issue, but didn't manage to get that done. I could have easily worked for another hour, but I wanted to go on a Wal-Mart run so I left a few minutes after 4:00. As I was going down the street, after leaving my garage, I remembered that I had forgotten to grease the front end, but decided that I can do it tomorrow and grease the rear drive shaft at the same time.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't get as much done today as I thought I was going to. The day started off wrong when I got a phone call from a young lady that I know. She said that her parents separated, and she was afraid that her dad had killed himself and she wanted me to go check on him. To make this story short, I couldn't get him to answer the door when I knocked, but her younger sister showed up and went into the house so I didn't have to. She found him passed out drunk on the toilet. I guess that explained the 750ml bottle of Jim Beam that only had about 1" left in the bottom. He may have regretted it after he woke up, but at least he was fine.
That just about took away all of my motivation. I did manage to get everything greased under the Blue Truck. I also managed to do the "bolt in the steering shaft" trick. I can't remember who it was that posted this, but THANK YOU! It worked great. I still have a little bit of play left in the steering, but I'm pretty sure that it's in the steering box.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I also managed to do the "bolt in the steering shaft" trick. I can't remember who it was that posted this, but THANK YOU! It worked great.
Naturally, I tried to do this the hard way. I was removing the whole shaft. I had unbolted the power steering pump, and was in the process of removing the A/C compressor when the light bulb came on. I pulled the bolt out of the top of the shaft and then I slid it off of the lower part like it's designed to. It slid back together even easier. So that meant that I had to put the bolts back in the compressor mount and put the power steering pump back on after I was done. I also took the first poster's advice and put some blue Locktite on the bolt threads before I installed it for the final time.
I also forgot to mention above that I took the Dumbo ears looking extended mirrors off and put the stock style 6x9 (or whatever they are) back on. They're MUCH nicer to look at plus they vibrate WAY less.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't get as much done today as I thought I was going to. The day started off wrong when I got a phone call from a young lady that I know. She said that her parents separated, and she was afraid that her dad had killed himself and she wanted me to go check on him. To make this story short, I couldn't get him to answer the door when I knocked, but her younger sister showed up and went into the house so I didn't have to. She found him passed out drunk on the toilet. I guess that explained the 750ml bottle of Jim Beam that only had about 1" left in the bottom. He may have regretted it after he woke up, but at least he was fine.
That just about took away all of my motivation. I did manage to get everything greased under the Blue Truck. I also managed to do the "bolt in the steering shaft" trick. I can't remember who it was that posted this, but THANK YOU! It worked great. I still have a little bit of play left in the steering, but I'm pretty sure that it's in the steering box.

Steering shaft bolt was me! You're welcome! It's super simple but maintains the collapsible shaft in the event of a major front end collision.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever felt as if somebody doesn’t deserve a truck? LOL. This guy that lives next to my girlfriend has a pristine factory turbo truck, it’s got a zf5 and it’s that 2 tone blue that I just love. Here’s the bad, when he starts it he cranks on it for like 30 seconds without letting the starter cool and once it finally starts up he revs it to what sounds like the governor until it clears all the air in the fuel up. Then he proceeds to blast down the street. And it’s 35 degrees outside. All I can think is THAT POOR TRUCK! I feel like I need to save it.